Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:48 pm 

I have a beautiful 6 1/2 month old baby boy. I love him more than anything. I feel as though I just brought him home from the hospital. From then to now it seems like a blur and it makes me really sad. Is this normal and does anyone else feel the same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:36 pm 

of course it's totally normal to be sad that your little baby is growing up so quickly! Everyone that loves their kid(s) does and always will :D thats one reason why people have more kids, and so close together cause when their beby gets to be about 6-8 month the get sad and want another one lol! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:04 am 

6 1/2 months is still a little baby, it has gone by so fast, huh?

Is it perfectly understandable to feel overwhelemed, tired, and foggy still. How is your son sleeping? If he isn't sleeping through the night, that may have something to do with it. Are you getting any help with him? Maybe a night out, or day off would help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:28 pm 

I think they grow too fast too, but that could be why I have 6 I guess I'm addicted!! but watch out before you know he'll be walking. Love him lots!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:54 pm 

He is a wonderful baby. He sleeps usually 8 hours a night in his crib. I do breastfeed and I have never been away from him. I feel he is mine and my husbands resonsible. My husband do help pretty good. Part of my problem is I didn't get to enjoy the end of my pregnancy. We moved into a new house 1 month before he was born. I was also induced at 36 weeks with pre-eclampcia. Which makes me feel I was short-handed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:26 pm 

My son came at 37.5 weeks. I was not prepared. I was expecting to go over.

At first everything seemed to go so slow. He was a little late on the milestones so I felt like I had time with my little boy. Then one day he caught on to things. He started sitting up by himself, he started scooting, then crawling, then pulling up on things. He's developing an independant streak, but still reminds me that he wants to be my little boy.

There's just so much change in the first year that it does seem to zip by. And I know how you feel about never being away. The longest I've been away from my son is two hours, just needing a break. I thought about him the entire time.