Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:11 am 

I have posted previously and here is my stats today.

I am 10dpo. I think I ovulated on the 27th of April. I just used the calendar method and CM so I could be off. We did the BD on the am of 25th.

I am now 10DPO. I have been cramping and thinking that my period was coming. Yesterday, I thought it was here but had one morning cramping and brownish discharge. I took a test yesterday am and it was BFN.

This morning I ws cramping again, I had a slight spot again of brownish discharge. Then about an hour ago I went to pee and small amount of red blood came out. I figured this was period again. Now I just went back in and there was a small amount of brown/red spotting.

I am so confused. My typical monthly friend is 7 days and very heavy and think ..sorry if TMI. I do not feel that bloated this time..just a little

Also, again sorry if this is TMI..always before my monthly friend I get a loose bowel. Today I actually felt a little constipated which is abnormal.

Is it all in my head? We are somewhat trying and I am concerned since I am in the 35 years that I may have trouble?

Any thoughts anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:58 pm 

I don't have much advice for you.Other then maybe it's implantation bleeding.When I was pregnant I had a tiny bit of red a few days before my period was due and I KNEW this was NOT ME! I never had it before so I figured then I was pregnant.Sure enough when my period was 6 days late I took a test and it was positive.Have you ever had weird cycles like this before??? Now implantation from what I understand isn't usually a lot,not many woman have/notice it.But it could be from brown-red.It's when the egg implants itself into the uterus wall.All I can say is if your "regular" period doesn't come in 4-5 days i'd take another test. Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:05 pm 

Hi,

I would make an appt. with your doctor right away for a blood test.
If you are pregnant you need to, and should have already started taking prenatal vitamins, especially folic acid.
Go to the drugstore today and buy some. Even if you are not pregnant but trying you should make sure you have enough folic acid in your body right from the time you conceive.

Do a google search on folic acid and pregnancy, you will find lots of
information on why it is so important. eg. prevent spina bifida and other problems with baby.

One more thing----I think because of your age (35), testing for Down's Syndrome will be mandatory for you. Where I live it is.

Good luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:07 pm 

Thank you for anwering with some feedback. That is good advice to start Folic Acid. I eat alot of cereal/crackers that have Folic Acid in it but I guess that may not be enough.

FYI- Now since late morning and lunch I am just barely spotting a light brownish/red and it is really only when I wipe. This is very untypical of my period. I am usually one that gets huge cramps, bloats up just before AF shows up and I am bloated for a few days. It usually lasts for 7 and the first few are VERY heavy with clumping etc. (sorry TMI)

I have been reading and quite a few have said they had bleeding but it was very light. Not sure if this is the case for me of just a wierd period.

I will let you know when happens.

I was going to take another prego test but thought it still may be early.

I do not thing the require a test in my state for downs. But I think they strongly suggest it?

any more info is welcomed

Post subject: Faint Line
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:14 pm 

Ok...I just came home and decided what the heck I would try the test again. It was a three pack. Anyway..I took it and it had a faint faint pink line. I could barely see it, it was so light. Could this be false? I am not do for my friend until the 10th.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:53 am 

I would assume you are PG.....a line is a line faint or bold. Your body probably doesn't have enough of the HCG in it right now to give you a darker line..........wait a till the day you expect your period (10th ?), then re-test......if you get another line faint or not, call your doc and go in for a blood test :)

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:47 pm 

Desertmom is right..........you are more than likely pregnant. Start taking Materna now (prenatal vitamins). Take care of your body, and it will take care of your baby.

Good luck :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:33 pm 

Hello all. I had a BFP come back on Saturday. I went to get a blood test today and another on Wed. I am 4 weeks 2 days. Quite a shocker for my husband and I. :.) Blessing as well...

It happened during a crazy cycle and it took one time...pretty amazing for 35

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:56 pm 

Congratulations!! :D

The best of part of your life is about to start........enjoy!

Post subject: CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:06 pm 

Congratulations MaryWay! How has the father-to-be taken the news? It perhaps wont seem as real to him as it does to you for a little while. Best wishes for the rest of the pregnancy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:32 pm 
Regarding your question about pre-natal screening for Downs:

Even if it's not mandatory, you could still request one. Depends on how you want to look at it. I've seen people who just had to know right away, while others decided to just wait and take in whatever came their way.

According to a book I have (published in 2002) at age 35 the chances are 1 in 350 (0.28571428571428571428571428571429%). This increases to 1 in 100 by age 40 (2%) and over 40 to 1 in 25 (4%). If someone has numbers different from these, please let us know.

Congratulations, good luck and I hope you have a healthy pregnancy.

Post subject: More numbers
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:50 pm 

Just to add some numbers about the test for Downs Syndrome, if you mean amniocentesis it increases the chance of a miscarriage by 1-2%. There is also a high false-positive rate, which means babies without downs syndrome being diagnosed as having it. The test itself may also interrupt the ‘bonding’ of mother and child while you wait to decide while you are keeping the child or aborting, if that is the reason you are having the test. These are other factors to consider when deciding whether to request it. There are so many things to think about and so many decisions to make, so it’s good that you’re seeking information in advance. Best wishes.