Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:41 pm 

I had a baby 5 months ago and now my period is all messed up? What can I do to get my period on a regular basis? My last period was June 12-17. I am getting nervous and I keep thinking im pregnant but I dont have any signs and I havent had unprotected sex since my last period. I am 17 and neeeed some advice!!! :lol: If anyone could respond it will be greatly appreciated!! Does any one know if you can go on birth control with out your parents knowing? Just wondering! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:42 am 

i don't know about having a baby, but after my d&c it was only screwy the first month (had one at the end of the month, then had another a week later that lasted five days :cry:

any ways, you should probably ask your doctor, since there are lots of things that could screw up your period that wouldn't be good. Tilted uterus comes to mind, although that's not too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:50 am 

Just to let you know..I was just wondering if anyone else had ideas about b/c. Yes- I do know some options, I was just asking again because no one gave me answers I was looking for. Just figured I would try again. Is that against the law or something? To ask the same question twice? By the way-when you say it's time to grow up and be responsible, I bet I am more responsible then all of the teenage moms out there and most of the other moms out there too. Before you start stating things like...time to grow up.....or be responsible..think about what you type because you don't even know me and I don't even know you. I would like for you to find a teen mother who is taking college classes in her senior year and whos working plus doing school activities and raising her daughter. There will be very few you will find. Also- you said that I am being ridiculous, what I think is ridiculous is when teens DONT go on BC when they are sexually active and DONT take any action. Hey at least I am one of the FEW who are doing something about it. Maybe you should go preach to the girls who need it.

Post subject: Hey Jaymie Sp?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:23 pm 

How did you get that little baby with the due date thing at the bottom of your post?

Post subject: READ THIS
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:15 am 
Site Admin

This is the moderator here. I've deleted several messages from this thread. Let me make two things VERY clear.

1. This message board is for helping each other. Calling people names is completely unacceptable. We are a community here for mutual support. Having said that, no one here knows the other and it?s VERY presumptuous to criticize someone else?s life.

LET THIS SERVE AS WARNING. IF THIS THREAD IS CONTINUED, I WILL BAN USERS FROM THIS BOARD WHO DO NOT TREAT EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT. I hope that was clear.

2. This is a board about pregnancy, NOT RELIGION. Please do not post religious content in your messages here. Repeated failure to abide by this rule will also lead to your being banned.

Lastly, I would like to again point out that under each message there is a little button that says PM. This means Private Message. You can click it to send someone a message that will not be posted to the boards. In PMs you can say what ever you would like. However, abusive language, even in PMs will not be tolerated.

Yours,

The Moderator

Post subject: BC
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:40 am 

About the birth control, I think Planned Parenthood would be a good place to contact, and they don't share your info with anyone.

BTW, if you've been breastfeeding that could interfere with your cycle.

Call 1-800-230-PLAN

or click here and enter your zip code for the nearest office:
http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ZIP.HTM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:39 am 

I would like to thank the MODERATOR....Teens moms are not bad people and I hope everyone will in the future except me for who I am! I look forward to talking to all of you!!!! If anyone else is a teen mom and would like to talk I would very much enjoy spending time talking!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:50 am 

Thank you so much for that Planned Parenthood referal....I knew about PPH and I was very interested in it before you replied. I have probably looked at the website a million times!!! LOL...any ways...Just a question...when I go there...what should I expect??? Will I need to be seen by a doctor or what? Will they just give me the pills???? Do you know anyone who has used this service before????? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Again!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:14 am 

If you go to planned parent hood. They will not tell your parents. But I think it is best if you go ahead and talk to them. Because what happens when they find your birth control? That will truely hurt them. Just be honest with them. You already have a child so they already know you are not a virgin. If you talk to them about it they probally will understand. I was 17 when I had my first one. But I talked to my mom about my birth control. To me if I can't talk about sex to my mom then I am not grown enough to do it. I waited intill I got married to have my second. Because I learned from my mistake. Good Luck!

Post subject: Planned Parenthood
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:04 am 

I don't personally know someone who has gone to Planned Parenthood, but it is highly recommended by every advice show I've ever seen or heard. I've heard Dr. Drew Pinsky mention it several times on Loveline. It seems to be the place to go if you need help with anything of this nature.

Call that number and ask about the details. They have helped a lot of people in your situation and will alleviate your fears about your parents finding out.

Just remember that if your parents are like most, they will love you no matter how bad or how many times you mess up. That's what parents do. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:52 am 

Thank you soooo much for all the help and advice I have gotten! I will tell my parents if I do decided to go on bc one of these days. As of right now it just doesnt feel right for me, I just dont feel comfortable. I will definatly make a apt. and go to PPH. I know that they will help me along this crazy journey that I am on!

I really appreciate all of the help that you have gave me!
:D
Thanks Again!!!!

-Melanie-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:10 am 

Good News!!!!

I finally got my period. Usually I get it every 28 days..that was before I had my daughter....now they seem to be every 45.....at least I can keep track of them now. I also found an article that said it may take a year after having a baby for your period to become regular. I like the 45 days!!! It's a nice break!!!! Thanks for the past messages.

-Melanie