Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:18 pm 

I was just wondering if anyone had to deal with telling the father of the child they didn't feel comfertable with him in the delivery room and how did he take it? I am in this situation and I feel horrible but I think he will just add more stress to an already stressful situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:05 pm 

not to be rude but why wouldn't you want him in there? I mean if your not together i could understand a little but you did not make your baby alone so why should you have to go through the delivery alone if you don't have to. my husband doesn't think he can handle being in there but he still wants to be. he just doesn't want to see the baby come out (he say he would be able to look at me the same) i don't know i guess i feel differently because my mom is not going to be there his mom is but thats not the same. well good luck telling him. i think if he wants to be in there he will take it hard but if he doesn't then he'll be fine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:21 pm 

Hi Nikki
No, we are not together. We haven't been through this whole pregnancy. He is a nice person and wants to be there for the baby, but we are like strangers to each other. We met through friends and things happened too quickly. We talk every couple of weeks and never see each other. I am not going to be alone, my mom will be there either way. She has been going to all my expectant parent classes with me and will know what to expect more than him. This whole situation has been very hard and he makes it even harder by a lot of things that he says and does, even though I know he doesn't realize it sometimes. I just don't know what to do...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:26 pm 

I know exactly how you feel...well sort of, I guess. My situation is quite similar. Me and my boyfriend dated for 6 years, then I got pregnant and he didnt have anything to do with me the whole 9 months of pregnancy until just last week he called. Ten days before my due date! Trying to make things better! TOO LATE!
As for him being in the delivery room with you....I completely understand. Just tell him straight up! I've already told the "father" of my child that he's not allowed in the room with me and yeah he threw a fit but he wasnt there for me when I was pregnant...I sure the heck dont want him there when I have the baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:45 pm 

it is never too late.
they take a long time to grow up but once they grow up
emotionally they are quite useful - men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:59 am 

It is your decision, if you feel he will only stress you out then tell him you dont want him in there. It is such a special and personel time and if you dont feel comfortable be honest and tell him. If he doesnt like it he will eventually get over it. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:48 pm 

I would tell him nicely that you wouldn't feel comfortable. Maybe suggest if he wants to be there to wait in the waiting room if he wants to see the baby??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:01 pm 

My babys dad isnt involved and I wish he could be there, only thing I can suggest is maybe have him sit in a chair and not be to involved if you feel uncomfortable my first two childrens dad had to sit in the chair in the delivery room because he freaked out and it helped me with delivering the baby and it was less stressfull :D good luck