Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:46 pm 

o.k. I obviously have been living in the boonies, What is the Dr. Shettles method? and as to a boy by itself I wouldn't worry about it they seem to be able to deal with it better than girls! Love the names by the way , I have never heard of vittoria before :D Four kids are alot easier than 3 though, no one left out in games :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:00 am 

I think having a large family is great if you can provide for them. My sister has 3 children two step children and is pregannt with her 4th. Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:22 pm 

The Boonies!! :lol: ohhh you make me laugh - I thought I was ocker but this one got me!! ha ha

Ahh I love the name Vittoria too :) - its actually the Italian spelling/pronunciation for Victoria.

Dr Shettles wrote that book called 'How to choose the sex of your baby' its really interesting thats for sure. Dont know that I can be bothered following alllll the info to get the sex I want. Its a fair bit of 'jinnin' around if you know what I mean.

I can just see when my DH gets in the mood, turning and saying "would you go drink 2 cups of strong coffee first please? :lol: ( caffeine apparently makes male sperm swim faster)

Ohhh 2 cups of strong coffee? I wouldnt have the energy to keep up with him after that :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:07 pm 

Yes well mine would just look at me strange ,however can I suggest a couple of rum and cokes for the caffine in the coke ? Just out of interest what does he say about how to get a girl? and as for jinnin around well I do a lot of that eveyday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:35 pm 

:lol: yeh the coke is a much better idea I'll have to remember that!

To have a girl, well girls swim slower but live longer - quite a few days actually (boys swim fast but dont last long) so to have a girl say you were ovulating on day 14. If you have BD on day 14 chances are that you will conceive a boy as they will outswim the girls. So to have a girl you must BD on days10,11,12, NOT 13 NOT 14. So by the time you Ovulate the girls will already be up there wating to get the egg.

You have to usually be charting your temp to pinpoint the best time. Then of course there are douches that they get you to do that change the alkaline/acidity of your Cm ( both sexes favor one of each)

Girls have a better chance in the missionary position with the female to have no ahhh um "O" (pleasure). Apparently having an O changes the aciditiy of the vagina.

Well now that was all just toooo much info wasnt it!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:02 am 

Thanx a bunch and if not"O" ing is how to get a girl it's a wonder I don't have all girls.LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:45 am 

:lol: :lol:

Its funny you know many people disagree with his book but yet it still has an 80something % success rate!

Still, I just dont think I particularly want a boy THAT much that I would be willing to go to all that trouble eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:16 am 

I have never heard of the man before and to be quite frank we are having enough trouble just falling pregnant without worrying about what sex it is thankyou very much, :D I find it incredable that we geet on here and talk about sex without a problem when if you try and talk about it at normal? [?] times you wont get any responce :oops: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:55 am 

:lol: I know what you mean!! ha ha

How long have you been trying for now? Oh are you charting your temp each day?

I temp with Fertility Friend and I am 9 DPO today and this morning had a biggish temp jump.
Not feeling that crash hot tonight - bit blech - and wanting to eating anything and everything that is salty. Course could just be pmt symptoms to eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:37 pm 

We have beem trying for a couple of months now. I am having a bit of trouble getting my head around temps. is it easier with a fertility friend? If so where in generaal do I get one? This month we tried an opk so we were hoping but as my face is full of pimples and I'm due on Monday I don't like my chances, :( Oh well I hope you have more luck... and I hope I don't cry too much this time :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:50 pm 

Ohh yes! Temping with www.fertilityfriend.com is an absolute piece of cake. All you do is enter you temp and they do all the work for you - its really amazing.
Its free too. I have the VIP status which costs $25 or something for 3months so I get extra features, but its just THAT easy, and you have a team of fertility experts at your fingertips. Just what you need :)

Check mine out by clicking the www at the bottom of my post. The first chart you will see is the overlay of all my charts but the second is the current month I am on now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:05 pm 

So it's when your temp. goes up that you have ovulated? and ummm,can you take your temp. orally? and does your thermometer have to do the american scale? It certainly is something to try thank-you :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:41 am 

You usually confirm ovulation when your temp drops and then you have three consecutive temp rises. Its usually the day your temp drops that O happens but not always - like my chart for instance :)

You can temp orally, vaginally or rectally but make sure that whatever method you choose you stick with for the whole month.

Oh and you can choose Celcius or Farenheit to temp in too.

My temp is still high and I gotta say I have been 'off colour' alll weekend. I just feel plain out crook! I seem to have every symptom in the book :D

Fingers Crossed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:26 am 

Good luck! :D No luck for me this month see message on my other posting on this board for more details I am going to try your fertility friend though probably after xmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:55 am 

O.K. I went to the doctor today I have to have some blood tests on day21 and go back on 31 of January, the doctor is about to go on holiday but she said that if any of my results come back strange I will get a phone call to come in earlier to discuss them. :wink: