Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:26 pm 

We have 6 wonderful children and are trying to concieve again, but are running into a bit of negativity from people who think we are nuts! can anyone suggest anything natural/vitamins type to help us on our quest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:37 pm 

I know a lady in NZ who has 12 children. She has a wonderful family and has changed many minds on the large family issue. As long as you feel you can provide the love and financial support a child needs then what does it matter what others are saying?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:07 am 

For what it's worth, I dont think you are nutts, Actually, I admire you, If you are able to do it psycially and mentally more power to you and who cares what everyone else thinks. I wish you all the best, as for advice, you can try prenatal vitamins or fish oil both of those seem to work well for others, just not me.. lol Good Luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:01 am 

Good for you!! I also think that if you can handle 7 children, then you should definitly have another :D (I think I would already have gone insane after the fourth or fifth, so you are doing well :lol: )

It is funny that you come here for advice on getting pregnant, you seem to be the expert on in! Just take a prenatal, and do what you did for the first six. GOOD LUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:41 am 

I agree with the girls too :D If thats what your heart desires then go for it! My SIL has 11 children and they are the lovliest close knit fam you ever met.
Just take your pre-natals - you know better than any of us with all your experience! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:41 pm 

Thanx girls,and to address the fact that I should be an expert on it I'm not we are getting oldere and have found it alot harder to fall this time thats why I came here . Oh , and it's nice not to be judged and have something in common I know it's pretty sad but as a at home mum I look forward to getting on each day and having some adult interaction which doesn't include the bananas in bloody pyjamas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:03 am 

I know how you feel about carving adult interaction. I corner people when I have a moment without my son and beg to talk grown up talk :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:39 pm 

yup,I love my kids but sometimes I would kill for a meal without someone eating of my plate!!! but then again I wouldnt be without them and even want more!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:51 am 

Oh Tracey - I litterally laughed out loud when I read your post!! :lol: I SOOOOO know what you mean. It seems the only songs I sing these days are ones like Bananas coming down stairs - and things about Fruit Salad and Big Red Cars :D

Just this afternoon whilst I was trying to eat soup in peace and quiet my litte one plants herself on my lap for a taste. After putting the spoon of soup in her mouth she decided that it was too hot and spat (politely) the whole lot back in my bowl.
I just sat there an stared at all this dribble in my lovely soup and just had to laugh.

But yeh - where would be without them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:15 pm 

Fruit salad is not yummy yummy when the kids chew it up and spit it back in the bowl!!! Ah for a meal that I dont end up eating cold after feeding the toddler, but we do it to ourselves by permanently putting the kids first, and I'm sorry that is the way it should be! lol, sorry about your soup though, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 pm 

Yeh I remember what it was like to have to feed the toddler first and NEVER get to eat your meal hot - pain in the butt!! Thankfully my girls are 3&4 now so at least thats not so much a problem for me :)

But now I want to go back to the start gate again - crazy eh?

Do you mind me asking the ages of your kiddies Trace?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 am 

I have Laclan !@, Zac 10, Marcus8, Quinn 5, Mirandah 3, and Emelia1. their all about 2 years apart give or take a few months. It feels funny not to be pregnant at the moment, not that were not trying.lol. Where in this big brown land are you if you don't mind me asking? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:13 am 

Oh I love the names of your children :D You must be a supermom with a lot of energy! Well done :)
I am in Perth in WA and the weather here is just delish at the moment - ugh probably not long till Summer makes its appearance though hey? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:13 pm 

Yeah it's getting pretty hot over here ,mind you atleast you have a winter the coldest it got over here last 'winter' was 12degrees over night!! and no I'm no super mum just very bloody busy , what did you call your little girls? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:47 pm 

Only 12deg overnight? Wow you right thats no winter at all :D We had some of the coldest temps on record here this year with temps going below zero overnight and man was it NIPPY!!! :lol:

I called my girls Vittoria & Claudia -I love having girls, I know DH would really love a boy so I hope for his sake that we have one next time around - but I kind of feel like the boy will have no one to play with if we only stop at 3? You know - will he be lonely? Ahh guess Ill end up having 4 then :) But there are no guarantees to the sex are there - bumma. :roll: Unless of course I follow the Dr Shettles method, but somehow I just cant be bothered! :)