Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:50 pm 

I used to keep the disposble ones in my diaper bag for resteraunts but then I heard a child sufficated himself with one and died.
You know I was looking on some mommy web page. If I can find it I will send it to you melisa. They had a barter board. That's where you swipe stuff. I think I saw bibs on there. You may want to check it out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:11 pm 
kewl, thanks jenna.. much appreciated :):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:31 pm 
Same here, I kept getting bibs as gifts and I thought "gosh I will never use all these bibs" now I think, "gosh I need more bibs!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:35 pm 

Yeah, I remember thinking when my son was only a month old... man, I have a ton of bibs and have never even used one! People kept saying, just wait... you will use every one! And boy, were they right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:21 pm 

About chapped cheeks...Jake had a really bad rash/dry skin/chapped cheeks from drooling and smeared food and just everything. The baby Aveeno that is made for excema made him scream! It must have burnt his face... :cry: I felt so bad! I have this stuff called Lansinoh - it is for breastfeeding, you use on your nipples if they are sore - and it works great for dry skin and chapped cheeks! I put it on before he eats and before he goes to bed. It doesn't rub in like cream, it protects like vasoline only better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:19 pm 

1) THANK YOU! I thought I had too many bibs too but from what you are all saying, I might need more!

2) Really? Lansinoh? The hospital gave me a bunch of little samples of them and I've barely used up half of one. I guess I'll be holding on to those...

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:46 pm 

I pretty much bathe my nah nah's in the laninsoh. Great stuff. I didn't know about it until my nipples started cracking. I used the laninsoh and I haven't had a problem yet. Try the tiny cheeks or time faces from gerber. It's a stick. Great for the red dry cheeks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:36 am 
well ive figured out how to control the exsessive drolling and soaking shirts during the day... but... she drools while she sleeps too, and she will soak the area she is laying in, then wake up crying, cuz her face is literally stuck to a cold wet spot, so i find myself putting the cloth diapers in there, and then flipping it once during the night, and then by morning, it is usually soaked and in the laundry.. will this pass? or will she eventually learn to mpove her head? please tell me there is hope! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:09 am 

Hmm that young I wouldn't put a cloth in there by her face. They have these mattress things. Not sure how to describe them. It's a lined terry cloth material. It's in a retengular shape. And you put it where her head is. But the great thing about it is it ties to the crib on both sides. So she can't god forbid sufficate with it. Someone had bought it for Payton but he didn't drool while sleeping. But I do use it for her to put her head on in my bed when she's nursing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:34 am 
I agree about the burp cloth, esp if she is moving as much as you say she is. She can easily get herself in a bad position and not know how to get out of it and suffocate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:29 pm 

Oh good I thought you guys would think I am neurotic. LOL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:30 pm 
well I do, but I agree with you on this one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:31 pm 
Just kidding!!! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

I'm punchy today, girls!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:23 pm 

I was gonna say you are a little punchy. LOL!! I figure Lily is doing a number on you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:50 pm 

I have that Lansinoh stuff, and I have never used it. I've been breastfeeding for almost 4 months now! The only thing I use a lot of are diapers and nursing pads! The only uncomfortable feeling I get from nursing is that *letting down* feeling.. I hate it!