Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:33 pm 

Now for a while I was cracking and bleeding everytime she would start nursing. It would bring tears to my eyes. I have been using it and haven't had any more problems

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:02 pm 

I couldn't imagine my nipples bleeding, it makes my skin crawl! I feel like I'm lucky I've got durable nipples! I am happy I decided to breastfeed because it's just so easy when he gets hungry.. I just lay on the couch or the bed and relax, best thing I ever did. But I'm going to stop at 6 or 8 months just because I've heard some horror stories of getting a child off breastfeeding... I hope it's not as bad as I hear... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:03 pm 

ok i don't know where that link in my message came from.. I have a bad virus I've been trying to get off all day, so DO NOT CLICK it.. please.... that virus has ruined my whole interneting experience....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:04 pm 

dont click that one either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:07 pm 

It sucked cause I would pump for a minute or two so the bleeding would stop. Pump out that milk then she would latch on so it would hurt again but at least at that point it wouldn't bleed. I swore my nippies were gonna fall off. Payton's going on 7 months and we are still at it. Tomorrow is going to suck cause we are driving upstate for a party. So I will have to pump during the day. She's staying with my mom. It will be the longest she will be away for me. And I am nervous cause we are gonna be almost three hours away. But my parents are going to come here to watch her this way she's in her own envirnoment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:36 pm 

I've left Hayden for the most about 3 1/2 hours.. which was heartbreaking enough for me! It's nice to be away but all I can think about is Hayden! I pump every day to get him more and more used to a bottle.. that hurts when i first start, but that's about it. I'm pretty lucky I can get a lot of milk when I pump.. half of it goes to waste though.. which isn't good. I am just pumping 2 oz. at a time and freezing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:50 pm 

Payton has been left for about two hours tops maybe three. But she is getting very clingy so we need to do this more. And since she'll be with my parents it's much easier. And Mikey will be with us. The last time Mike and I tried going on a date Payton screamed and then Mikey started getting upset. At least this way mom will focus just on payton. I hardly pump anymore. But Payton is still eating about every two hours. Her biggest stretch is at night. She's been sleeping through the night. In the beginning I was pumping alot and about four onces from each breast. I have a lot still frozen so this way when we stop nursing she will has breast milk. Also for days like tomorrow i can go out with peace of mind that there is plenty of milk for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:31 am 

Heather, I also set dates that I was going to stop breastfeeding (1st it was 3 months, then 4, then 6 months...) But now I am still bfeeding like Jenna and Jake is almost 7 months. I work part time so he does get bottles every day from his grandma, and some formula. But I don't know when we are going to stop now...Maybe when the teeth come? The hardest part will be when he gets fussy or tired. I usually just feed him to calm him down or put him to sleep. What will we do when we stop nursing?? I think we will both have a few sleepless nights!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:46 am 

Have you tried the laninsol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:14 pm 

I used the Lansinoh alot when Jake was first born, but I haven't needed it in a long time...I hope that doesn't jinx me :?