Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: drooling
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:31 am 
well ive been paying close attention here to kenzi.. and she has been excessively drooling!! is that normal at 6 weeks? my momkept picking on me about teething already... but i doubt thats it.. or it could be, i dont know.. do any of you know? this drroling has been going on for about 4-5 days now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:01 pm 
Drooling starts very young, you have to remember that they really don't have control over thier swallowing muscles so the drooling is normal. Teething can start early but that does not mean the teeth will come through, sometimes they can start the symptoms of teething and it can be months and months before you see a tooth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:14 pm 
thank ya krissi :) i was a wee bit concerned.. lol i went throiugh 3 shirts yesterday, cuz id pick her up and this massive amount of droll would plop down onto my shirt... lol!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:15 pm 

Yup totally normal. My ds has gotten a lot better with his. Up until recently he was going through every bib in the house and tons of shirts a day. I couldn't keep up with the laundry. His whole entire shirt would be soaked within a matter of minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:26 pm 

You may want to keep a bib on her during the day to hep her shirts and also so you can dry her off. You're little one has rolls like my neighbors daughter did. Just try to keep the skin in between the rolls dry. Her daughter was on this drooling thing and got this awful yeast infection (that's what they called it) cause the water stayed in the rolls. It looked so painful. Her whole neck was red and blotchy. It just looked so painful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:47 pm 

I'm right there with Jenna. I had to clean my sons neck throughout the day-very hard to get to- and if it started to get red I would just put aveeno on it and it would clear it right up. I also had to and still do put vaseline/moisture stick on his face from him drooling and chewing on his hands his face gets chapped very bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:53 pm 
i think i may have to start that... she has been drooling nonnstop. and sometimes blowing spit bubbles.. tehehehe, plus when she is bored, or going to sleep, she sucks on her whole fist.. she hasnt yet gotten coordinated enough to get a finger or thumb in there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:16 am 
Aren't the spit bubbles fun, Lily came out doing them :) I held her for the first time and she was blowing bubbles. Wait till you get the rasberrys in a few months :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:26 am 

I jsut bought a stick that getber puts out. Helps the redness and chappiness in there checks.
THe raseberries are funny. YEsterday when we were in the doctors office this guy started looking at Payton and tlaking to her and telling her how pretty she was and at first she was smiling and giggling, then she did a wet raseberry. It was funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:27 am 

I always found that putting baby lotion on when they get out of the bath (while they are still wet) really helps with the chapping!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:18 am 

Yeah I do too. When they get out of the bath I have them driping in lotion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:07 pm 

Mom of 2 wrote:
Yup totally normal. My ds has gotten a lot better with his. Up until recently he was going through every bib in the house and tons of shirts a day. I couldn't keep up with the laundry. His whole entire shirt would be soaked within a matter of minutes.

That's pretty much how my son was. We kept a bib on him if we were going anyplace, so he didn't look like a slob. He's eight months now and doesn't drool much at all anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:12 pm 

Yeah, us too. We have A TON of bibs! I always say, there is no point in picking out a cute shirt for him, because all you will see is the bib anyway! He started drooling at 10 weeks and hasn't stopped (plus is a spitter-upper) and he still doesn't have teeth, so I have a feeling we will be in bibs for some time to come... great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:54 pm 
lol sad thing is... i only have 3 bibs! my mom bought me some disposable ones, but they suck, they are flimsy and if i leave it on her for more than a half an hour,she has it twisted sideways, and ripped and she tries to get her hand in her mouth and it gets caught under the bib, so she gets the bib in her mouth, and it tastes like paper, so then she screams... and we are just now getting to where i can put her in her swing, or new turtle play gym, or bouncey seat, and she will sit there content for longer than 5 minutes.. but with that bib, all hell breaks loose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:58 pm 

Yeah, the disposable ones are good for when she starts eating and you are in a restaurant (that is what I use them for). If it is just drool, get the cotton ones, they work best. Or, if it really bad, get the terry cloth ones with the plastic on the back. Target (not sure if you have that store) carries the cotton bibs and you can buy them in a 3 pack pretty cheap. 3 bibs will never be enough... you better stock up, ha ha! I think we have somewhere near 20-25 bibs!