Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dry cough...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:28 am 

My 3 month old seems to have this dry cough and has periodically since he was about 3 weeks old and seems a little congested all the time. He eats great and never really acts like it bothers him. The doctor said he's in perfect health. Could this be dry air or allergies? We do have 3 cats...I sure hope he's not allergic! I have terrible pollen allergies! Any thoughts are appreciated :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:56 am 

I am not sure about the cough but my daughter did sound congested for a long time. I was worried too that it was allergies. When I talked to her doctor he said that she, like many babies, insist on breathing through her nose, so if there is anything there, you are going to hear it. She is not a loud breather now, so I guess that is what it is. Maybe your son is inisting on breathing strictly through his nose, not his mouth

Post subject: That might be it....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:38 am 

He sounded like he was snoring almost from the 1st week on. Sounded just like my hubby! :D Most of the day he's fine....I've noticed it happens mostly after he wakes up. Thanks so much!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:00 pm 

My DD Has been congested for about a month now. The first doctor in her pediatrician's office said she had a cold and the symptoms would go away in 7-10 days....never happened! Took her back they finally figured out she has allergies and she is on a prescription antihistamine.

Post subject: Sounds like Connor.....
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:30 pm 

I think he probably does have allergies. I'll see how he is in the morning and might end up calling the doctor's office. I hate bothering them (I was a nervous nelly the first month and bugged them :-)