Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:49 pm 

Hi everyone! I just found this message board and I love it! It's so nice to be able to relate to some of the things all of you expectant mothers are experiencing. I am 21 years old and am 18 weeks pregnant with my first child. I think that I am having a fairly normal pregnancy, though there are so many things that I have questions about. One of my biggest concerns( although my doc seems to be fine with) is that I have not gained a single pound and I dont look or feel very pregnant. Any one else had this? My belly is starting to look a little bigger but I feel like it is just fat and not baby.

Angela[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:05 pm 

I am 23 and also 18 weeks pregnant!! Due February 13th!! I am showing a little and have gained weight but you have to remember everyone is different. You should be gaining weight soon here and also will probably start showing soon. Have you scheduled an ultrasound? Mine is not until Sept. 29th when I will be almost 21 weeks pregnant. I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl!! It is so great to have another person at the same point in the pregnancy as me to chat with! Good luck and keep in touch!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:56 am 

I am due February 14th so I am right along with you as well. At my doctor visit last week I had gained 6 pounds and I am showing some. However, a friend of mine had her baby last year and I recall her not gaining any weight until she was well into her pregnancy. She ended up only gaining about 20 pounds total which her doctor wasn't happy with but she had an almost 9 pound baby which was healthy as could be. Everyone is different and if your doctor isn't concerned, chances are he has seen this happen before. It probably won't be much longer before you start to notice your baby belly growing more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:05 pm 

Hey! I'm 21 too!! I lost 4 pounds at the begginning of my pregnancy and didn't start gaining until the second trimester. I started showing at about 15 weeks and (like you) thought it looked more like a gut than a baby belly!! It's hard to adjust at first. If your doctor is not worried, then please don't you worry!! Stress is bad for baby. I promise you will grow. I'm due in 5 1/2 weeks and have barely gained 18 pounds. My midwife says its great (I was a healthy weight to start with so I don't need to gain extra). If your pre-pregnancy weight is below what it should be for your height, then you should gain a little extra. Otherwise, don't worry. The baby will not starve unless you do. So, if you're eating, so is he/she. I know how fun it is to start showing. Soon enough you will. :) Congrats!! You're in for such a wonderful experience. I've loved my pregnancy. I'd love to talk! Send me a private message sometime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:57 pm 

Don't be alarmed about not looking like you are pregnant. I know a girl that was in my lamaze class (you take that around month 8 I believe) and she still didn't look pregnant. Seriously she looked like she had but a basketball in half (if that) Everyone else was huge, we couldn't tie or own shoes and this gal had no problem. She was young too about 19 or so and super skinny. But everyone is different and if you have concerns I would talk to your doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:38 am 
I'm 22 and at 33 1/2 weeks and did not really begin to show until I was at 28 weeks. Sure between week 15 and 28 I started to "thicken up" a bit around my stomach and thighs, I looked like I just gave up on sit-ups until my 7th month. Even now I've only gained a total of 16 lbs. But everyone is different. My cousin who was 27 gained nearly 60, and my best-friend 21 gained 50.

Denise