Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Faint Positive - Help!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:41 pm 

I have received a faint positive at 10 minutes on an EPT test. Says not to read after 20 but line is very faint but pink. Period was supposed to start few days ago but nothing yet. Feel really gassy and crampy all day today but not normal painful AF cramps. I didnt take this test first urine of day but rather mid day after drinking lots of water and maybe going an hour before that. Could it just be diluted? Is EPT a good brand. What makes me concerned is that I had miscarriage in 1999 and was then diagnosed with tubal blockage. Thanks for any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:54 pm 

I've never used EPT, but I did use a Clearblue Easy which had a VERY faint positive after 10 minutes. I took that as a negative result because thats what the package says but that wasn't the case. I am now a 6 weeks pregnant. I would try again with a different brand with morning urine.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:03 pm 

Usually any kind of line means positive, wether it be faint or dark. I think I used EPT and got a very, very faint line. I tested a little early. So I then went for a blood test to make sure and it was positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:50 pm 

EPT is a GREAT brand, when i was pregnant with my Daughter i had 2 faint positives on first Response, when i bought an EPT it was a very DARK positive, take another test in a few days, more than likely tho if its even faint your pregnant... COngrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:29 pm 

A faint postive is still a positive. I called the hot line when I took a First Response. She said it is vary rare you can get a false positive. So good luck! But it is best if you go to the doctor and take a test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:12 pm 

I know its hard to go out and buy another test.... but I think thats what your going to have to do. When mine showed up positive it only took like 45seconds... but I was also a week late at the time.
Good Luck!
-nat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:59 am 

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your support but I did eventually miscarry yesterday. Went to dr.'s office and they got a strong positive on a urine test but I had begun spotting. After an exam and ultrasound they didnt find anything. :( This was my second miscarriage - my first was in 1999). I was diagnosed with infertility but I imagine I'm getting pregnant somehow. Now I just have to find out why I keep miscarrying. Havent stopped crying for two days. Really want to be able to have a baby. Thanks for all your support again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:29 pm 

I am so sorry about that. The doctor told my cousin that she was not able to have kids. Her and her husband tried for 7 years and they have 2 girls and a boy. Once they got started they just didn't stop. I wish you and your husband or boyfreind the best of luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:56 pm 

hi there,just wanted to say im sorry about your loss,i misscarried in 2001 with my first pregnancy.best of luck to both of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:05 pm 

I just wanted to let you know you will be in my prayers! God bless you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:10 am 

Hi There Hunny... Just wanted to say that I am so sorry. I know that these words don't make it easier, but just had to say something.

Love Lopke