Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fake Cough
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:55 am 
Does anyones little ones or used to be little ones do the "fake cough". Lily is constanly doing it and it is getting on my nerves. I wish she was older so I could say "If you don't stop faking it I am gonna take you to the doctors!"

Post subject: Re: Fake Cough
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:56 am 

Krissimace wrote:
Does anyones little ones or used to be little ones do the "fake cough". Lily is constanly doing it and it is getting on my nerves. I wish she was older so I could say "If you don't stop faking it I am gonna take you to the doctors!"

Yeah .. both of mine did that. We just learned the difference between the real ones and the fake ones, and ignore the fake ones. They're clever little creatures aren't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:58 am 
yeah, right now I can tell it is fake because she only does it when she wants me to pay attention to her. If she is sitting there happily playing by herself she won't do it. We have not experienced the "real thing" yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:04 am 

Ha ha... yeah, Justin does that. The other day I fed him and then left him in his highchair with some toys so that I could clean up the dishes. Well, he knocked all the toys off the highchair and I guess was bored so he started to "fake cough" to get my attention. The only other time he ever coughs is when he drinks his juice too fast, but there was a definite difference b/w the 2. They are definitely clever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:16 am 

Hayden does that fake cough too, but he mostly does it when he gets excited, so he does the laugh anf fake cough all at the same time.. he gets a real big smile and coughs, he's so silly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:22 pm 

Yep, Jacob does it too. I guess it amuses them...When other people cough he always stares at them and sometimes it gives him the giggles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:06 pm 

Mikey used to do it in the car when he was real little. I used to pull over get out go to the back make sure he was okay. Then get back in an drive. Then he would do it again so I would pull over get out go around, ugh it would take me forever to get somewhere. As soon as I started ignoring it he stopped doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:26 pm 

Meka also does it! We get the giggles together though.... she will do it, then I will and back and forth till we both end up giggling and smiling. To us it is more of a game... because TRUST ME I have learned her real cough compared to the fake cough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:45 pm 

I notice from your ticker your anniversary is coming up. The first one is so exciting. I mean they all are but the first is the best. Congratulations