Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: False Labour?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:59 am 

Hello, Well, today I am officially 40 weeks. I honestly never thought I would see this day but it is here. What I was wondering about was false labour. Last night around 6pm I was at the store with my husband and suddenly got the most intense feeling of pressure in my upper stomach (at the top of my uterus). Honestly at first I thought it was just indegestion but it kept happening. I came home, took some pepto and layed down but it wouldn't stop. We started timing it and sure enough they were coming every 3-7 min and lasting at first 30-45 sec and later 1-2min. I thought for sure I was in labour, called the doc who said I should be feeling intense pain, not just moderate cramping and to stay home until I felt painful cramping every 3-5min for more than 2 hours. Well, it never got horribly unbearable so after about 4 hours I went to bed and woke up this morning with no more contractions, just an all over crampy feeling. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced long bouts of false labour or is it possible that I may be in the early stages of real labour? I am just so anxious for him to be here! I look forward to reading anyone elses experiences! Have a good day ladies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:04 pm 

\O.K. your 40 weeks so it could be any time soon . I know I had what seemed to be strong contractions on and off for the last week or two of a couple of pregnancies, if you think your in labour try taking a warm shower and if they continue start timing them seriously. Also true labour pains you cannot talk through! :D I hope this helps