Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:14 pm 

Hey guys! I think I felt the baby move for the first time the other night. It felt like a burp inside of my belly or gas ( I tried to pass the gas but there was nothing there LOL) So I figured it was the baby right? Anyways today at work my tummy was really upset and I think the lil one was moving around in there but I cant really tell yet because my belly was so upset. Anyways, question here. When your baby moves for the first time did any of you feel queasy in the belly? Also my belly is starting to pop out but when does it actually get hard? Sorry for all the questions, first time mommy. But thank you for all your help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:43 pm 

How far along are you? I felt my baby move for the first time about 18 weeks (I am also a first time mom) I didn't feel quesy though. To me it felt like bubbles or when you kick your feet underwater in a pool and there are those little waves. It only lasted a second though. Then it was another week until I felt it again and another week and a half until I felt her again. Not until a few days ago have I felt her for an extended period of time but now i feel her quite often. I am 22 weeks and my stomach still isn't hard. Maybe in like another month or so but i definetely do have a pregnant belly. With fetal movement everyone is different in when they feel it. They say that second, third, etc. mommies feel their babies a lot sooner because they know what it feels like. It is such a weird feeling but just know that he/she is moving all the time (when they're awake that is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:45 pm 

How far along are you? It kind of sounds like you were probably feeling gas... but then I guess it feels different to everyone. If you are a first time mommy, you probably won't feel movement until you're around 20 weeks, unless you're really skinny. I never felt any queasiness from my first baby moving around. It kind of felt like a little bump or a flutter the first time I felt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:04 pm 

I will be 17 weeks on 10/11. Yeah it might have been gas, but the same feeling keeps happening. I weigh about 124 so I don't think that I am really that "skinny" to feel it. So I dont know.. I will take it day by day. I was just wondering if any of you had that same feeling. I think I want some mashed potatoes and go to sleep. LOL

xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:00 pm 

Hi,

Your stomach will start to get really hard the last couple of months of your
pregnancy as your baby grows and your stomach really starts to stretch to accomodate the size of your baby......you may notice that your belly will get very itchy as the skin starts to stretch. Use lots of cocoa butter, or another moisturizing cream which will help with itching and hopefully prevent stretch marks.....but there is no guarantee the cream will prevent stretchmarks, it all depends on the elasticity of your skin and if you are prone to stretchmarks or not..
Fortunately for myself, I did not get any stretchmarks and my son was 9lbs 7oz and I'm pretty petite, so there's hope for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:45 am 
heya sparkytart...

i just started feeling my baby move like 2 months ago.. and im 27 weeks along... its and awesome feeling when she starts moving regularly... :-D i love it.. hope ya feel it soon :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:43 am 

im having my 3rd baby and i felt mine move at 13 weeks i thought this was very soon but the midwife said not really as its my 3rd things happen quicker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:38 am 

thanks for all the replys everyone. As each day goes by I get more and more excited about my baby. I over heard my boyfriend talking on the phone last night to an old friend. I heard him tell his friend that we were having a baby and that he is really excited. That made me feel so good, it was cute. Then he felt my belly and told me he got butterflys in his tummy. I just wanted to squeeze him.. lol.. Well hope everyone has a great day.

march21 2005 for my babys arrival!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:46 pm 

March 21st is my birthday!! It is a great birthday because it is also a number sequence and easy for other people to remember 3-21!! Since you are only 17 weeks I am not sure that it was your baby you felt, especially with it being your first, maybe just gas since we all know that pregnant women have lots of gas. You will feel it soon. In a few weeks it will be pretty consistent movement (every few hours or so). That is really cool that your boyfriend is excited. It is nice to know that your partner is getting into it. I love it when my husband talks to our little girl through my belly or says he loves her already. Best of luck and don't worry you'll feel him/her very soon.
Ps. do you want to find out if it is a boy/girl? Any names picked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:09 pm 

Aww you guys can share a birthday! Yeah I want to find out the sex, Im hoping for a boy. But we haven't picked a name for the boy yet, if it is a girl we like Cheyanne. Having to go pee every 15 minutes drives me crazy!!!.... talk to yall later.

xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:31 pm 

I can't wait to feel my baby move too. My baby is due March 26. I suppose to have the ultrasound Nov 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:42 pm 

hey everybody. I woke up today sick. Ewww. I am aching all over, stuffy nose and my throat is burning. I just want to sleep!. Does anyone have advice on how to eat better. I am feeling real bad lately beacuse I know I should be eating better. I need to eat more veggies and what not. I just cant bring myself to do it, I think it is because I am so busy with work and all. Caffine is a big problem too. I cut down a little but when I just dont drink any I get a HUGE headache and that causes me to give in. I feel quilty as ever. Any advice? I want my baby to have healthy nutrients it deserves.

xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:26 pm 

Caffeine is no good. If you have to drink soda I would get caffiene free ones and then if you get a headache just take tylenol. It is hard to eat good. For me when I had my ultrasound and actually got to see our little girl it made me want to do everything the right way. I still eat some bad things every now and then but I try to do good. It is just really hard when your starving every 3 hours to eat good. Best of luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:39 pm 

I love the name you picked out. I have a question to anyone reading, I think I might have the Flu. Do I need to go to the Doctor for this? I have heard yes and no. But I know alot of you are experianced moms so you would know better than I. thank you

xoxo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:25 pm 

Hey, I am not an experienced mom but I found a link that might help you!!
Go to:

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/weekbyw ... ndflu.html

it should answer most of your questions!!