User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Did you finish high school?
yes 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
no 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2
 Post subject: Feeling sad :-(
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:44 am 

When I woke up this morning I lied in bed thinking. My four cousins and I were all supposed to graduate from high school this year. Yesterday and the day before we recieved their invitations to their graduations. All I sent out was a baby shower invitation. I'm not sad to be having a baby, I got over the bad feelings a long time ago, and I'm exited for my baby to come because I love him more than anything, but I just feel like I let everyone down. I'm going back to school in september when I turn 18 and getting my GED, but I just wish I would have finished high school. Does anyone have a similar experience or any advice? I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Ashley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:42 am 

My brother got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 15, and she was 17. They both dropped out of school, and got married. They lived in a trailer, and life was VERY difficult.

Fast forward 23 years. They are still happily married, and now have two children. Both my brother and his wife got their GED. They own their own business, which is amazingly succesful, and they are VERY well off, owning two homes, and a house boat. Not that money is everything, but the point is that even with their rocky start, their life has turned out wonderfully, and they are very happy.

You too CAN beat the odds :D

Last edited by Suzanne on Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:48 pm 

Thats a really great story! Not that I am unhappy at all about being pregnant, but I too am only 18. People always look down on young 'knock ups' and asume that they will end up lonely tramps with no money. That story has increased my motivation even more to make a success of my life and reach my goal of getting a decent career.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:51 am 

GOOD FOR YOU!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:50 pm 

I didn't finish high school since I was wrapped up in dating my hubby, then we got engaged when I was 17, married at 18.. had a baby at 19. I want to get my GED soon though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:45 am 

I have a co-worker who has a son that got his grilfriend pergnant. He dropped out of school. And she stayed in school. Their baby boy will be a year july 6th. She takes her son to school with her and he goes to work. They lived at his mom's house. But three months ago she moved backed home with her mom. And next year is her last year of high school.