Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: feeling your baby kick
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:44 pm 

I was wondering how far along anyone was when they first felt their baby kick or felt butterflies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:34 pm 

It's my first pregnancy and I'm not really sure what I'm feeling, BUT, a week or two ago, I felt this strange "bubbly" feeling. A couple days ago I felt this big "bubbly" feeling. It was kinda like a "bubbly" rolling ocean wave (like that makes sense). I am 15wk 6days

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 1:56 pm 

Hi,

When I was pregnant with my son, I was 18 wks when I felt fairly strong movement. It was similar to what Amy was describing, eg. bubbles popping, and even when I put my hand on my stomach where I felt movement, I could feel my stomach being pushed up slightly.
Before 18 wks, I'm sure women feel movement and probably myself as
well but I just probably mistook it for something else like indigestion or something like that....lol!
Some people describe it as a butterfly fluttering around in their tummies or a fish flopping around.

Post subject: Feeling the Baby Kick
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:07 pm 

I felt my baby move for the first time when I was 14 weeks pregnant. It felt like little bubbles in my stomach and sometimes like butterflies. It is a WONDERFUL feeling and gets even more exciting when you can see your whole stomach move with the kicks. It is a part of pregnancy I LOVE. Because I know that is my baby girl telling me hey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:45 pm 

They say most 1st time moms feel movement at 4 months and some don't feel them until 5 months. They also say the skinnier you are the sooner you feel them. That's why some larger women don't know they are preg. until close to delivery

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:28 pm 

i was about 19 or 20 weeks already when i felt it kick for the first time. this is my first i'm 22 weeks now, still don't know what's gonna be but i'm hoping that nexts month ultrasound tells us , my husband wants a girl and i want a boy we'll see. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:51 am 

im 6months preg and felt my 1st kick at around 5months, it feels like some one is flicking the inside of ur belly, now my kicks are getin stronger and i can see my belly moving, its an amazing feeling, my baby normally tends to kick more at night when i settle down to watch tv lol
sarah x