Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fetal Movement
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:54 am 

Hi! I am a little over 17 weeks and haven't felt my baby move yet. All of you who are further along or have already had babies, when did you feel your baby first move? Also, how far along were you when you felt the first kick? Just wondering when to expect this!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:13 pm 

They say the average time to feel fetal movement is somewhere around 20 weeks but, this doesn't ring true with everyone. Some feel it earlier and some feel it later it depends on your size and the babies size the babies been movin around for a long time now but the bones weren't hard enough so you could feel anything. As the bones get harder you'll feel the movements more and more.
With this pregnancy I felt it around 13 weeks but this is my second so I knew what to expect. As far as kicking and hitting, its usually a few weeks after you feel movement that you might notice a kick or hit. Be prepared that lots of the times you'll feel the first movement and than not feel anything for a few days or even a week.
I can honestly say feeling your little one move around and kick and hit ( even though sometimes it hurts) is the best thing in pregnancy. With my first she was soooo lazy barely moving but this one is super super active. When you get into your third trimester play the flashlight game with him or her. At night in the dark you get a flashlight and hold it to your stomach and move it around. You can actually feel your little one trying to get the light. Best of Luck,

kerri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:31 pm 

It is different with everyone. I knew some that felt something and didn't even realize it was baby movement.
I felt my first at 20 wks exactly and then my 2nd at 18 wks.
And I agree it is the best feeling, even when it hurt and your out of breath (ha ha ha). Then you miss it so much when you don't feel it anymore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:24 pm 

I was around 18-19 weeks when I felt the "Was that the baby?" Movements. But anywhere from 18-22 weeks is normal. Don't worry! I REALLY started feeling him move often at about 23-24 weeks. It's the most amazing feeling. Just wait!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:45 pm 

Hi,

I was 18 wks when I first felt my son move inside of me.....it was like a little bubble popping, I even noticed my stomach move a little.
The last month of my pregnancy my son had fetal hiccups......it's a very strange feeling, it's very rhythmic and they would sometimes last for about 10 min.

You will probably feel your baby move anytime now. When it's your first, you really don't know what to expect that's why you may miss some movement and just pass it off as gas, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:18 pm 

I'm almost 18 weeks as well and cannot say I have definitely felt the baby move. They say it feels like fluttering at first and is hard to identify when it's your first. I've wondered a couple of times recently but I don't know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:53 pm 
Nikki wrote:
Hi,

I was 18 wks when I first felt my son move inside of me.....it was like a little bubble popping, I even noticed my stomach move a little.
The last month of my pregnancy my son had fetal hiccups......it's a very strange feeling, it's very rhythmic and they would sometimes last for about 10 min.

You will probably feel your baby move anytime now. When it's your first, you really don't know what to expect that's why you may miss some movement and just pass it off as gas, etc.

Hey.. I was just wondering what the fetal hiccups felt like..? The past few days Ive felt movement, but very different movement from just her moving around kicking. It kinda feels like a beat of a heart..like tap tap tap tap..over and over for 10, 15 minutes at a time.. I was just wondering if thats what it could possibly be..?.. Im not worried about.. just curious..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:47 am 

With my first baby she had hiccups all the time. They would last about 15 min each time but it happened about 5-6 times a day. Everyday that is for 2 months. That is no joke. I waitressed at that time and the guest would watch my belly bouncing up and down while I took their order. It doesn't hurt and it's perfectly normal. Sometimes it does feel like a tap depending how the baby is positioned. My baby was straight up and down with her feet in my ribs and head down.