Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:15 pm 

My boss at work is the mother of four, two boys and two girls. When I told her that my hunny and I were going to find out the sex of our baby she told me that with her first three she didnt want to know and then with the last one she did find out the sex and said that there was just something missing when he was born. Have any of you experianced this. Is it more fun to wait and find out the sex after the baby is born?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:19 pm 

I found out the sex of my child and I did not feel like I missed out of any kind of excitement, there was plenty to be excited about, I just had a baby boy!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:20 pm 

I actually find out what I'm having that way I have time to prepare ,just remember it is not a precise science for instance my 3rd child was a girl until the scan at 36 weeks . his nameis Marcus and believe me he is a boy ,the problem was he was tucking it up between his legs. so good luck and really is up to you :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:23 am 

When I was pregnant the first time around, we found out that we were going to have a son. I felt like I REALLY started to bond with my baby right as we found out. The baby was no longer an "it" but my son, he had a name, and I would picture what I though he would look like. I though it was a great way for some early bonding!

Now I am pregnant again, and have my ultrasound in a few weeks. I definitly want to find out the sex again! Trust me, there will be snough surprises in labor, I think it is nice to know the sex in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:25 pm 

It'a all what you prefer. There are very few people I know who didn't find out It seems that now when you go in you have to tell them not to tell you if you don't want to know.
I personally didn't find out I LOVED driving everyone nuts especially the mother in law. As soon as I found out I was pg we named the baby SHIM
SHe/hIM = SHIM. As far as buying stuff we did a jungel theme so it didn't matter. And as far as bonding goes it doesn't matter what the sex is you have a little person growing in you, you're going to bond no matter what.
I think if we were supposed to know ahead of time what we were having we would. If you find out ahead of time it's like opening up all your x-mas gifts and knowing what you got and then wraping them back up again.....this is the best gift you'll ever get weather you find out or not doesn't really matter just enjoy that awesome little gift!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:19 pm 

I found out what I was having with both my children it was still a surprise when they were born because they are not 100% sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:18 pm 

You aren't runining the surprise, it just happens earlier thats all!!

I always planned on finding out the sex asap, and I didn't feel any less happy or excited when I had my daughter, in fact, that thought never even crossed my mind.

It is soooo much easier to buy for the baby when you know wether you are buying little boy or little girl stuff! Do you really want your baby in neutral green, white, or yellow clothes for the first month of it's life?? I mean, I know they're not 100% but they're right most of the time so why not find out and go wild with the adorable baby clothes they have out now! You can always keep the recipts and buy one or two things of the opposite sex or neutral things just in case! Also, like Suzanne said, you don't have to refer to it as "the baby" or "it" anymore, it's so much more personal.

But hey thats JMO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:58 am 

I couldn't find out the sex of my son until he was born(he was shy, 2 u/s and no luck :lol:) Anyways it wasn't really a "surprise" to me when he was born. I still wish i found out when I was pregnant. I had to buy boy AND girl stuff, and obviously the girl stuff was no good to me. and yeah, it was lousy. I pray next time i'd be able to find out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:17 pm 

Thanks all for your input. I am extremely excited and just cant wait to find out if there is a baby boy or a baby girl growing inside of me. We are hoping the pictures will be clear enough for us to tell. At our first sonogram it was way too early, but "baby" sure was excited to get its picture taken. It was moving around and kicking its little feet. I guess we will just have to wait a few more weeks to find out. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:24 am 

Good luck, I hope your baby flashes his or her goods :wink: