Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: first response test
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:07 am 

I am sooo confused. I took a First Response pregnancy test and got a VERY faint second line but not right away. It has been one and a half days since I took it and the results are still there. Is this a positive or what? The instructions say a negative can not be read after 10 minutes does that mean the area goes white again or what? Please if any one has experienced this let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:57 am 

Hi Munchkin, well I can't be sure but as far as I know even a very faint line is considered to be a positive result. I had the same problem with my test the other day, the positive line was so faint I could hardly even see it, so I called the test company and asked if you would be able to tell by a VERY faint line where the positive line would appear if you were pregnant and they said no, if you can see a line in the positive window you are probably pregnant. The HCG levels for me would've been a bit too low to be sure though as it was only 5 days after the 'hopeful conception'. Anyway I am testing again tomorrow with my fingers crossed for a clear positive. Good luck to you too, and keep us posted. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:09 pm 

If a second line shows up at all ,no matter how faint, in the result box the chances of you being pregnant are pretty much 99.9%. My suggestion to you two that are doing it more than once... if you feel you have to do it again and it comes out the same, forget it and call the doctor. Don't keep wasting money on the tests, tell them it was positive and that you'd like to get it confirmed. I've never had one of those tests come out wrong, no matter how light the line was!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:14 pm 

it it's just a faint line you COULD be pregnant...but your suppose to read those things right after the designated times otherwise it could give false hope. i took one and it was negative threw it away and a few days my fiance took out the trash and it was positive and was excited over nothin. I think you should take another one though, just to be sure.
Jen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:49 pm 

Most tests will tell you after 5 minutes if no line appears,it's neg.I read stories about woman reading results after say 10 mins,and it was a false positive.They call it a evap. line.Tests are also best taken when your period is late,even 1 day late.I took a test at 6 days late with a first response and I have a very faint positive.Only it said "Results in 1 minite" and it did appear within the minute.I actually thought I was seeing things when I saw the line,but my fiancee saw it too.In about 5 mins the line was slightly darker,but still pretty light.However blood test confirmed it.Good luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:08 am 

Hi there. I am new to this whole message board thing. I found this chain when looking for some answers to my First Response PG test line that was so faint I could barely see it. Much like the one you described. So, what happened? I am due to start in two days so I was going to give it a couple more days and test again to see if the line is any stronger.

Reading the other responses was very encouraging though - any line is a positive line. YEAH!!! I really hope I have a little one in there! :D

Post subject: I hope...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:47 am 

you received the news that you wanted DrewsWife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:18 am 

Did the line appear in the time is was supposed to? If it was ten mins [i]before[/i] there was a line, then it cannot be considered a positive test result. However, if the line showed up in the three mins alloted (or whatever time it tells you to read the results) then a faint line is a positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:26 am 

this post is from APRIL 2004... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think people come on here and bump up old posts just to annoy us...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:15 pm 

Oh Geeze, why doesn't the moderator CLEAN UP THESE BOARDS!!!!!