Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: first time mommy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:55 pm 

I'm 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and very excited! We have our 1st dr. appointment next week - will we hear a heartbeat yet? (My hubby seems to want more concrete evidence than lines on sticks and huge breasts) Also, my lower abdomen hurts when I sneeze - is this normal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:27 pm 

Well I went today for my first appt. They gave me an ultrasound so they can see the baby heartbeat and make sure everything was alright. He or she was so little. They probally will do an ultrasound because it might be hard for them to find the baby hearbeat. They also do an ultrasound so they can make sure that your due date is about right. With the ultrasound I think I was off about 6 days. So good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:03 pm 

oh i am so glad to read that your excited cherrish every moment you can . its a lost privledge when the baby gets here cause your time is not your own anymore.. i have yet to go to the doctors because my insurance doesn't start til sept 1 so i will be almost 11 weeks pregnant when i go for my first appt. good luck on your apt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:22 am 

Glad to here all is going well and you got to see your lil one :)
its normal for your abdomen to hurt when you sneeze, its your muscles thats all...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:06 pm 

Like Lyric's mama said, it is totally normal to have your lower abdomen her when you cough or sneeze. I am about 13 weeks and mine still does that. As for the heartbeat, you will not hear it at this appointment but will be able to hear it at the next. You would be able to see it on an ultrasound but not all doctors give ultrasounds. I won't get my first ultrasound until my 18 week one to determine the sex and if everything is going ok or not.