Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: FLU VACCINE
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:52 pm 

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any other parents on this board who reside in Ontario, Canada and plan to get the free flu vaccine for their children (over 6 mos.) and themselves??

I normally get the vaccine for myself and it is recommended since I work in a hospital, however I did not get it for my son last year and am debating whether to get it this year for him and also for myself even though the vaccine is recommended to high risk people such as children over 6 mos and the elderly.

My concern is the supposed link between this vaccine and most others to Alzheimer's Disease http://www.rense.com/general45/tentimes.htm

My sister who is a police officer and works closely with Emergency Medical Staff/ Ambulance attendants was the person who initially told me about this last year and had said that EMS employees had went on strike to protest the government making this flu vaccine mandatory for them and not for other medical/hospital staff eg. nurses, doctors.

Anway, I just wanted some opinions of other parents and what they had decided to do regarding the flu vaccination.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:47 pm 

Hello Nikki,

I have 3 children and my two oldest have never had the vaccine and neither have i or my husband and "touch wood" we have never had the flu either. I have been wondering in the back of my mind about my newest, but now that I have seen your posting, it has answered my question. My kids take daily multivitamines and are taught to wash their hands when ever they can, and as long as they take their vitamines regularly, they don't seem to get sick. One think about vitamines you must remember...don't forget to take them. If your body's immune system is used to having the extra boost and then all of a sudden it isn't there....they can get sick easier. Handwashing is something that can be started as soon as they start potty training. Go pee..wash your hands.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Talk to you again soon.

BabyBain