Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:12 am 

Hi Every One :lol:

Firstly thank you all for your responces below. I took them to heart and had a discussion with our private nursing sister as well as Zack's play school teacher who is a registered nurse as well. Both know Zack on a personal basis and neither were concerned that he still had a bottle to drink when he goes to bed at night. (He does drink from a normal cup by the way and knows how to use a straw) I brought up the concern about doing his teeth damage and Helen actually giggled at my concern. She said I don't need to worry about braces or surgery as one or two bottles a day are not going to cause any harm. Some children do need to have their front teeth pulled due to them rotting, but that is caused by children who drink 8/9 bottles of sweetened juice a night.

So I have decided that as long as he wants a bottle I am going to give it to him. He also has a 1 year old brother who still drinks from a bottle - so for me to let Caleb have a bottle and him not - well that would just seem so unfair.

Got to go,

Lopke :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:24 am 

hi there.i say good on you if hes happy and healthy let him go,my 2 and a half still has his dummy to go to sleep at night also i my 6 month olds name is caleb :D

Post subject: Message to MUMOF2BOYS!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:06 am 

Hi There Mumof2boys!

Just wanted to say Thank You! Sometimes I feel like I am really pressurised into doing what everyone else feels is right for a child. But you know what a Mother knows what's Best for her own Child!

Just glad you agreed with me... :P

Kind regards
Lopke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:31 am 

I posted a reply to your earlier subject about this.
I am glad that you feel better and worked that out!!! Do what is best for your child . I still feel that woman who made that comment to you originally, that got you so upset was wrong for putting her thoughts in when you didn't ask.

Good Luck to you.