Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:18 pm 

I went to the health center today to find out I have a severe UTI. Not only that, but since I have been having AF for 3 weeks solid, I hafta go back on BC for two months to hopefully get me on track, which means our waiting time before we can even TTC, is extended.

This is really depressing, and I just wish there was something I could do about this.

Sorry.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

~Becca

P.S. On a happier note, Jason & I have been married for 2 months exactly, today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:40 pm 

Hey Becca
So sorry to hear that I don't know what to say. But to not get on the shot lol. I'ts gonna take time but it will happen I will pray for you both. Lots of love Mandy

Post subject: Mandy~
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:26 am 

Thank you Mandy for your reply and your prayers.

Hows your pregnancy going hon?

Don't mean to be a downer, just Jason & I are now at a stage in our lives where we are finally both ready to have kids, and we really adore them, and, I am not the most patient person (as you can see). You think I am bad now, you should see me around Christmas time.

This past Christmas, Jason & I had only been married exactly one week. I woke him up at 4am...lol.

And definately, no more shots for me!!. They have me on a cheap $10 ~ Mercet.

I keep on looking at the Chinese chart and keep on thinking that even if we get pregnant this year (I am 25) that we will probably have a boy. And a boy would be fine (just as long as he is healthy), but the other part of me, wished that my first child would be a girl. Course Jason would like a boy, but really doesn't matter to him, as long as our child is healthy, and I am the same way.

I just can't wait, and I know I hafta keep my mind from thinking of this, or it might be like the old wives tale of "watch pot, never boils".... its just hard when Life is finally ready at this point in our lives, and yet my body is sooo screwy. I hafta watch how hard I am on my body right now in that, I get sooo frustrated with it, and wish it would cooperate right, so we could get conceive our first child. I get soo mad that I am the one that is preventing us from getting pregnant, and wish I could make it right, but thats what the BC is for, right?

Take care of yourself, and make sure you eat right, and sleep as much as possible.

Take care of yourself and that baby of yours. I am anxious for you in the excitement of being pregnant and the anticipation to be able to see the person thats been kicking you all this time.

Praying for you and your little one.

Lots of Love to you both ~ Becca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:33 am 
Mandy,
Hang in there sweetie, it will happen. I know the yearning you have. I had to wait 5 years after I was ready and it killed me! It was for different reasons but still I would cry everytime someone else became pregnant. When my sister in law announced they were having thier first, instead of being happy I ran away crying. This happened 3 times! It was agony. I was just not happy, but stick with it, be patient and it will happen. Enjoy the next few months, do some things that you could not do if you had kids or were pregnant. I had 7 years of my fill of "alone with my husband" stuff and I still miss it. We are planning a trip to FL next Christmas to his parents and he wants to go to Disney but I hopefull will be pregnant again so I won't be able to ride any rides! It is littyle things like that, go and do and try to take your mind off it a little :) We are all here for you and will help you get through this rocky road ahead of you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:28 am 

Krissimace:

Thank you for replying and your words of wisdom and encouragement.

I guess I am getting excited. I mean, now I and the man I love are both ready for children. We are both still in college, but are planning on getting a thing a furniture a month even before we conceive so as to not break our budget when during pregnancy we will have doctor's visits, etc.

I keep on debating stuff, like: do we want to know the gender of our child before they are born or not. Part of me wants to know, so as to plan thier homecoming, the other part of me, wants some things left to suprise and mother nature.

How is your little girl? Has she started cutting teeth yet? I see she is trying to get mobile in no time flat. She really is a cutie. The picture of her sleeping in her crib, I think is the cutest. She just looks like an angel in that one.

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement, and I hope that you are able to find a way to have some alone time with your husband.

Take care,

~Becca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:22 pm 

poor thing.
Hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:27 pm 

hi becca,

"i get soo mad that I am the one that is preventing us from getting pregnant, and wish i could make it right" << that makes me sadder and sadder each time i re-read it :(

don't blame yourself and/or get angry with yourself; this is NOT your fault. even if your body was behaving, there's no guarentee pregnancy would be quick to come. btw, from what i've been told... the more you stress over it, and the more guilt/frustration/anger you feel over having issues conceiving... the more difficult it becomes to conceive.

just a suggestion >> rather than beginning to buy baby things before you conceive to avoid breaking your budget once pregnant, it might be easier on you to start putting money aside (in a spot you won't/can't touch, or a bank account), instead. i know people who've started buying before becoming pregnant, and if it takes a while... all the baby items just cause more frustration and depression.

keep your head up and hang in there. i'll keep you in my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:44 am 

Hi there,
I know that when your ttc and it doesnt happen you can get frustrated and even a little discouraged. It happened to me. After we had our son we decided to try having another baby when he was 9 months old. I got pregnant relitively quick but misscarried at 7/8 weeks. I was heart broken and wanted to try again as soon as possible and every month I would take a pregnancy test as my periods had become irregular and that led me to believe I might be pregnant. When my son was 17 months old I took another pregnancy test and it was negative a week later I took another and it was positive. It took us 5 months to get pregnant again and to me that was forever because my previous pregnancies had happened so quick. It will happen for you. Best wishes and good luck and just hang in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:00 pm 

Hey Becca
I never congratulated you on you marriage so CONGRATS hun ty The great news is your still young after your periods get normal just follow the steps on trying to concieve. I know this is very hard and frustrating for you both. I just know I got pregnant while I was ovulating. I hope these birth control will help you this time..... Take care mandy

Post subject: *hugs* Thank you all...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:20 pm 

Thank you all for your encouragement and support in our journey to TTC.

Thank you Mandy for constantly reminding me that it will happen.

Its just that Jason is 31 and I am 25. I would like to have one child potty trained before TTC another. And I want at least 5.

I know that sounds like alot, but I love children, and I so desperately want to give Jason a child.

Just this past week I fixed a turkey for dinner, we got down to a wish bone and we basically said we think that we know what each other is wishing without revealing what we wished....

I guess you could said its our heart's desire...

*hugs* to all

~Becca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:08 am 
My mother-inlaw was 29 when she had her 1st one and she had 4. Don't worry, it will happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:24 am 

Yea my mom was 28 when she had my bro and she had 4 too. :D It will happen! Good luck hun!

Post subject: Little Back Track...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:50 am 

I guess it just frusterating to me cause my mom concieved the FIRST time she had sex.

Not only that, but she never clocked or charted anything, and most of the time would not even recognize the symptoms she was having as her being pregnant.

Ironically my dad was the one to figure it out before she would.

When she was pregnant with me, she was feeling run down and sluggish, and so she went to the doctor. Our family doctor was about to give her a script for anti-depressants, then asked her if she could be pregnant, she replied with "no... um... i dunno" at this the doctor flippedly threw his pencil up in the air and had her get a blood test, wrote her the script. Several hours later, called her to tell her to rip up the script, that she was just pregnant.

It seems like it came soo easily for her and here my husband and I have been trying to concieve for over 6 months!!!

Time seems to stand still when you desire something sooo much!!!

Thank you all - ladies.

*hugs*

~Becca

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:21 pm 
But you also have to remember that she probably was not even trying to get pregnant. Stress can do crazy things to your body. You just have to sit back and let nature take it's course and try not to think about it so much :) I know it is hard, but remember good things come to those who wait :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:36 pm 

Thanks Krissimace for your repsonse and your reminder for me to relax. Well my husband and I are on Spring Break this week and so we went out and bought a king size bed with an awesome pillow top. It is a Sealy Fortitude Posturepedic.

Hopefully this will help me to relax.

*hugs* to all.

~Becca