Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gag Reflex Is High!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:00 am 

I usually have a gag reflex when I goto the dentist or something. I can't even brush my teeth now without gagging so much I go to throw up. It seems to be getting worse and worse. I haven't been *sick* yet but when I think of some foods I start gagging for no reason. And also when I chew gum. Anyone else suffer from this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:18 am 

Don't worry your not alone on this one. My gag reflex was the same. Some times i'd throw up when brushing my teeth and other times just gag bad. When you brush your teeth try really hard to think about something else. THen when your spitting the tooth paste out try to do really little spits and just use lots of water to to get the rest out. Maybe even try to switch tooth pasts. Sorry Im not more help. It lasted with me till i think about 3 months or so and as long as i wasn't couching real bad or spitting hard i didn't gag to much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:14 pm 

Don't worry...it will eventually go away. I have the same thing, and it started about 6 weeks. The best thing I can do is think about something else (like armywife said). Also, when you're brushing the more sensitive areas - ie the back of your mouth or your tongue - try breathing OUT. I noticed that when I breathe in, the gag reflex is a lot stronger. It will go away once you start getting further into your 2nd trimester. Mine is still going on now, but it's easing up a bit.