Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Getting Induced !!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:31 am 

FINALLY! its almost over, if i dont go in labor by the 30th of march i get induced , its about time they do something im passed my due date (march 18th)Im so happy , no more worries! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:56 am 
yay for you :):) good luck huny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:01 pm 

im so happy that they are FINALLY gonna try something ! i cant wait to meet my lil munchkin! :D , but now the thought of being parents has settled in and it's a OMG feeling, like " me a mom and him the dad" the whole real "PLAYING HOUSE" thing is happening and now it aint play food or play dolls , its for real ... kinda scary but if i think of all the good parts about it the bad ones dont seem that bad :)

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:41 pm 

Congrats!! I've been reading your messages and I wondered if you were EVER going to have your baby!! I'm so glad it's finally happening for you. I know what you mean, I'm not even halfway done and I'm terrified at the thought of being a parent. I want this more than anything but it's still so scary!

Well good luck hun, and keep us updated!

-Nessa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:49 pm 

I thought you had already had your baby. Well that is good that they are going to induce you. I wish you luck. Oh and don't forget the epidural is a beautiful thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:26 pm 

Yes, the epidural is a gift from God. I hope your baby comes soon and on its own but if not, good luck on the induction. I was induced, it wasn't too bad!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:23 pm 

I didn't do an epidural! But i hear if you're induced the contractions are impossible to bear. Going Natural is a beautiful thing too!

I can't believe they are waiting so long to induce me. I was 2 days before my due date and they thought they were going to induce me.. and they were only going to wait about 4 days after my due date. That's crazy to wait almost 2 weeks I think. By that time you want to meet your baby so bad you can't take it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:38 pm 

Holy cow I can't believe you haven't poped that baby out yet!!! Holy cow I can't believe they are waiting that long.......well at least the date is set and no matter what the baby will be here on the 30th :) like everyone said epidurals are a beautiful thing. I wish you lots of luck and don't worry from what I've read of your posts you're gonna be great at the whole playing house thing :)

you go mama have that baby!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:20 pm 

ty all so much for your support x0x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:50 pm 

I am so happy for you! I had to be induced because I had high blood pressure and they couldn't figure out why.. I had no swelling, good health... nothing wrong! I went to a doctor's visit and they told me to go to the labor and delivery room to have my baby. I also had Group B Strep so I had to get two bags of antibiotics before they could induce me. When I went in I was 70% effaced and 3 cm. dialated. ( I didn't even know!) After I had a bag and a half in me they broke my water... they had already had me on pitocin for like 2 hours.... when they broke my water... oh my gosh the contractions just a bought killed me (so I thought :wink: ) they were very unbearable.... I could tell you exactly what they felt like but I don't want to terrify you! :lol: But, trust me I was just about honestly screaming for an epidural, but they didn't have me a labor and delivery room ready so I had to suffer it out for like 45 minutes before I could get it! And when I did I couldn't feel anything but joy and excitement. My contractions were honestly going off the charts back to back! I had 3 contractions w/n five minutes... well honestly they just kept going and never stopped so make sure when your water is broken be sure that they have an epidural ready if you are going to have one! SORRY IF I SCARED YOU!!! BUT I SWEAR EVERY PAIN IS WORTH IT!! KEEP THAT IN MIND ALSO!! IT HELPS! TRY TO FOCUS ON HEARING THE BABY'S HEARTBEAT TO KEEP YOUR MIND OFF PAIN!

Good luck and God Bless!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:29 pm 
yes, there is definately pain.. i went natural.. and i believe that every pain is worth it, i felt that going natural made it easier, i coudl feel everything, all my pain kind of disappated when i felt her head come out, that was an awesome feeling. i wouldnt have had an epidural even i had time to get one.. i didnt have time... i also had group b strep, and they didnt get all the antibiotic in me.. i got there was dialated to 4... they started the antibiotic dilated to 5 in an hour, then inanother hour i was at 9 3/4... so they didnt get all of it in me.. it was a good expereience though :)

i hope you ave a good and memorable one.. and dont forget pix ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:39 pm 

I actually wont mind the pain cuz i will know its that way my baby will come, so im looking forward to labor and all it's suprises! ya didnt scare me :P im going in there calm and ready , because i know god is on my side and my familly's support is gonna get me through :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:42 pm 
awesome way of looking at things :) im glad you are in good spirits about it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:24 pm 

I was the same way with the epidural. I got to the hospital and I was 3cm dialated, and when they moved me into the birthing room, I was already 6cm dialated! I did have to take stadol(sp) because Hayden was facing in the posterior position and gave me such bad back labor that the pain between the contractions was worse than the contractions. That helped take the edge off.. but did nothing for contraction pain. Seriously the way they do the epidural just completely creeps me out. But when you get to the pushing part.. I felt that relieved the pain. It's pretty cool. Goodluck during your labor and all the pain is worth it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:27 pm 

I went over my delivery dates with both my children and I was relieved when they finally gave me dates for being induced. Luckily my son was born 2 days before my schduled induction but my daughter was holding on and I was induced when she was 13 days overdue. I remember I was so excited because I knew that she would be born on the day they induced me and she was. I am glad you have a final date. Good luck and congrats. :D Its such a wondeful feeling to finally hold your baby in your arms .