Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:56 pm 

Hello,
im 20 years old and recently moved to alberta. when i got there i became terrible sick and soon found out that i was pregnant. It was certainly not planned but i came back home determined to make this work. The doctors said things were going fine and then the very next morning they told me i had miscarried. The next morning, again, i was terribly sick, after returning to the hospital suffering from dehydration and extreme discomfort the doctors told me in fact that the baby was still alive and i could stop worrying. I finally began to let myself feel happy and relaxed. Two days later it was officially over and the baby had died. For some reason my body didnt have a normal miscarriage and my body still believed it was pregnant, which explains the morning sickness and pregnant symptoms. Now here i am and i feel like a tornado has taken my life and dropped me down, leaving me to put it all back together. I had quit my job to come home, and have huge debt from the travel which all would have been worth it becase there was a baby comming. I jsut feel so empty and like im starting from scratach. if anyone has any advice for me to cope with this and get on with my life it would help alot. its strange to have grown attatched and to love a little person so who u have never even met and who was so unplanned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:22 pm 

Skip
I'm so sorry for your loss I know what your going through I've had two miscarriages and 1 stillborn,I am now 41/2 months pregnant. It's never easy to get over something so tragic, I hope things will go well for you gos bless I'm here if you want to talk

Take care mandy :wink:

Post subject: Thank you mandy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:50 pm 

Mandy,
i am so terribly sorry for all that you have gone through. Its hard to believe there are reasons for why these things happen, life can be so cruel sometimes but so sweet other times and i think its your turn to have the sweet times. From the bottom of my heart i wish u nothing but the best with ur pregnancy. Hopefully it will help you to heal. I have never turned to the internet or anything like this for support but i have learned that sharing greif with people who have experienced the same is both healing and inspiring. You`r reply has help to put my own experience in perepective a little better. Its still so fresh to me, i just got home from the hospital this after noon, but at least i know that with time, i will be ok.
You will be in my prayres. thank you
skip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:23 am 

Hello Mandy

I am so sorry for your sad loss. I lost in July this year. It is very upsetting. You seem to have brought up the little one and educated it for that first couple of weeks that you are pregnant and then to lose it is so devistating.

Believe me though, you will start to feel better soon for time is a healer. I am sure you will never forget though.

Many ladies have unfortubately lost their babies and some have even had a still born child which I cannot even start to think how traumatic that experience must be!!!!

However, to lose at whatever stage is devistating for the person whom has lost.

I am sorry but believe me, grieve and cry for it is better to release the upset than to keep it within. Soon you will feel much better and you will be able to carry on and try again.

Good luck and God bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:30 pm 

Hi Skip,

I am really sorry for the loss you have just suffered. I was just in your shoes about a month ago. I miscarried on Jan. 1st, and my whole ordeal went on for a month.....that's how long I had bleeding for. No D&C, they just said it would stop on it's own. I felt just like you.....so empty inside, and so sad. I was 10 wks at the time it happened, and though the pregnancy was not really planned, my husband and I were so excited, and looking forward to giving our son a sibling. But, it was not meant to be.
Take care, and know that you are not alone. There are lots of us who have been through this. If you need someone to talk to, you can pm me.
You can read my post also.....it's way down at the bottom of the page..."I THINK I'M HAVING A MISCARRIAGE"

Nicole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:46 am 

Hi Skip I just wanted to say that I am SO sorry for your loss. Like others I have a pretty good idea how your feeling. I lost our first baby in August. I was 27 weeks pregnant, had a c-section and he lived for a week and then joined the other babies up in heaven.
I"m not sure if you ever get over a loss of ANY kind I think its more like you learn to deal with it and move on. Days are better for me now. Instead of being sad and thinking how much i miss our little boy I put pics of him up all over the house to remind me how beautiful he was, and then I laugh at the big feet he got from my husband LOL THen theirs days when i see others with babies and many of them and I just can't understand why God gave them a baby and took mine. So I have good days and bad days. If you ever want to talk feel free to pm me or you can e-mail me at tarawhite71503@hotmail.com
Again i'm so sorry you've had to experience losing a child its something I wish NO ONE ever had to experience but life just doeesn't work that way. I hope you have a GREAT day