Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: GRRRRRR...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:49 pm 

WELL I am really angry right now! I went to the hospital yesterday after my doctor's appointment and they put a gel in me which did nothing and they ended up sending my home. SO I came home, ate, watched the apprentice and went to bed; I was tired anyway. They had me come back today at 8:00 in the morning and they gave me the gel again which made me cramp a bit, and have alot of pain in my back, which was good but not good enough I guess. SO they sent me home again :evil: There is always a chance that I may atill go into labor but judging from yesterday I doubt it...They want me to come back twomorrow at 6:30 and they are going to give me a drip then and see what happens. The doctor said when he checked me today that my pelvis was pretty small and the baby is big. I think, they haven't outright said so, but I think my chances of having to have a c-section are very good :( :( :( :( They want to give me a chance to go into labour and see if I can do it vaginally first. They said that I'm young and my pelvis can "stretch". It is really messing me up to have to keep goin back everyday and keep having to go through the same thing...And it is really hard to keep draging this out, when the end result will probably be surgery. I don't want to be negative but I've gotta be prepared... This is really hard on me...I thought it would be over yesterday! :cry:

Anyway I thought I'd update you all. SO I may not be back for a week or so :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:52 pm 
awww hunny!!! *hugs* sorryto hear that... i hope it all just happens on its own and that baby comes out!! thats horrible that your going thrgouh all that!
dont get discouraged, or sad or angry, you dont want to stress you or hannah out.. just stay calm and remember, you cant be pregnant forever... i hope it happens soon for ya sweetie! ill pray for ya

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:00 pm 

thats aweful..what happened to inducing you?! usually if they induce someone they give them a drip and then break their water.....least from what i've always heard...i hope you can have your little hannah soon....tell them you don't want to be sent home again lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:03 pm 

Thanks Melisa! It's hard not to be depressed though...I hope to God that I can deliver her vaginally...I know it's not the end of the world if I have to get a c-section; my mom had 4, but I am so scared of having that done! I just want it to all be over!

I appreciate your, and everyone else's, support! It's great to have all of you girls here to talk to who know what I going through! Well I'll try to look on the bright side, I'm still contracting, however painless. The nurse said to walk alot and have a warm bath...I guess I'll try anything I can to make this ordeal shorter! I'll try to keep you updated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:06 pm 

God'sGift-

They said my cervix should be more ripe in order to start giving me a drip, thats what the gel was supposed to do. Since I did cramp this time it probably did something but I will find out twomorrow if it did anything. If it did open up my cervix they were going to break my water, but I don't know if they will do that now. Once I go into labour they have to judge weather or not I will be able to have her vaginally, if not they can't break my water, they will have to give me a c-section. I hope they are right about my pelvis being able to stretch and I pray that everything goes better from here on!

Thanks for your support!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:20 pm 
Kayla I am sooooo sorry you are having to go through this. I know your frustration being told that your cervix is not ripe. As long as they say Hannah is safe in there then she will be fine. She just wants to make a grand entrance I guess. Guess I will have to send you Lily's DRAMA QUEEN shirt since it sounds like yours is gonna be one too. Remember that we all love you and Hannah will be here before you know it. I know that is hard to think of right now but she will be here. She won't be in your tummy forever though it may seem like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:31 pm 

Thanks Krissi!

Everyday we see that Hannah is doing very well! Everytime I'm monitored and that strip prints out (you know the contractions/heartbeat strip) The nurses always say that it is "textbook perfect" etc. so THAT is great! It's just her mommy that is having a hard time!!! :shock:

WELL there is nothing else to do but wait, and if I have to have a section then I will! This is hard, really hard but I'm feeling a bit better now!

Thanks alot Krissi, and everyone else! I don't know what I'd do without you guys! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:07 pm 
lol i just thought that this was funny, but the da i went into labor, i ate at dennys, i had the italian chicken, and we left there at 2:15 and i went into labor at 4:30... try a dennys if ya have one ;-)

tehehehe just tryin to make the new momma smile!!!! hope it worked!! and yes, take some time for yourself, take a bath, read a book, just have some you time to pass the time :):)

Melisa

Post subject: Hold in there Darlin...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:30 pm 

Kayla,

I know I haven't talked to you before, but I just wanted to extend a warm embrace. It sounds very frustrating what you are going through right now, and I know it will be hard to do, but hon, just try and give yourself a break and relax hon. Try not to worry too much, even though given the circumstances, it must be quite hard.

Just remember that at the end of whatever you will have to endure.. that at the end of all this.. you will have your little girl in your arms to finally see and hold.... your little Hannah....

Just try not to worry and remember that in the end, you are going through this for Hannah,... and reading your posts... I know there is nothing you wouldn't do for your precious little one.

Try talking to Hannah... humming her a lullabye... and know that in her time she will make her grand entrance to finally be placed in your arms.

*warm embrace*

~Becca

Last edited by Miley_Newlyweds on Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:01 pm 

Wow, you have gone through A LOT!!! But it will all be worth it VERY, VERY soon!
I was supposed to get the gel too, but then I was lucky because my water broke. I was on a pit. drip for 14 hrs, before they decided to give me an emergency c-sec.
If you do end up having a c-sec, don't worry, it's not that bad. The most important thing is that Hannah is delivered safely.
Soooo.....hang in there, you will soon have the love of your life in your arms.....and you will think to yourself how it was all worth it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:28 pm 

Thanks guys!

Melisa, unfortunately there is not a denny's anywhere near here LOL! Thanks Becca and Nikki! I don't mind being put on a drip twomorrow I guess. The nurse said that they will start it really slow and I can get an epidural whenever I want apparently, within reason. 14 hours is a long time in the hospital, just waiting for labor! Now since being there, I know how long the hours drag on! Well like I said, I'll get through whatever I need to and will have my baby soon! :D

I'm still having a bit of cramping and pain, but not enough! So I'll be going back for the drip at 7:00 am twomorrow! Fortunately I got some much needed sleep today, after I came home from the hospital I had a nice long nap! I'll be ok, Hopefully I'll talk to you all soon! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:43 am 

Hello ladies

Hello Kayla

I am so sorry I haven't been here for you. I haven't been able to log onto the internet due to high winds. I live in England, don't know whether any of you other ladies have had this problem?

Kayla, you are probably having your lovely little darling daughter at this time or maybe you have already had her.

I hope all goes well or all went well for you. I hope you were able to give birth naturally without the C-section.

Good luck and please let us know when Hannah has arrived!

Amelia
X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:31 am 
Dear Kayla,

I had been out last weekend and cdnt be back until mondaynight. I was thinking that hanna might have arrived by now. I am sorry that you are going thro all these stuff. All this will be over sooooooooooon. You have my prayers and support always, in all ways.

Kisha