Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hair loss
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:45 am 

Hi girls!!! Just a quick question. My daughter is now 19 weeks old. I am still taking my prenatal vitamins cause I am nursing but my hair is falling out. I mean alot. I have heard people have had this after pregnancy but I thought it was right after pregnancy. She is already 19 weeks and I want to say this started maybe about 4 weeks ago. But it's not getting any better. Did anyone else have this? If so how long????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:14 pm 

My hair started falling out when my daughter was about 4 months old. I never got any "bald patches", it just thinned ALOT. Luckily I had long thick hair to start with so it wasn't real noticable (except to me). The bad news is... my daughter is now 15 months old and it is still falling out at just about the same rate. At least I have noticed that it is growing back slowly but surely. I don't know if this will be a permanent thing or not. Let's hope not!!!!
Let me know if you find some solution to this problem. I haven't yet!
Terri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:34 pm 

Hi Jenna,

My hair didn't really fall out but after Alex was born and I had made an appt. for a haircut, the hairdresser did notice that some of the hair (baby hair) near the top of my head and along my forehead had broken off. She said it probably happened because of pregnancy. I had never even noticed it until she pointed it out.

You could talk to your doctor if you're concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:45 pm 

THanks girls. Like you Terri I don't have bald patches (at least not yet) but there is still a lot of hair coming out. I have long thick hair to so no one has noticed just my husband. He says it looks the same but if he plays with my hair he has a lot of hair in his fingers. And he notices when I brush it a lot comes out. My mom takes some kind of vitamin cause she was losing her hair due to medication. She has lupus. The vitamin helps a lot but I don't know if I can take it cause I am nursing. I guess after the holidays I will go for my routine bloodwork and check out what the doctor says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:02 pm 

Jenna,
Please be sure to give us an update if you come across something that helps.
Terri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:11 pm 

Sounds good. I am seeing my mom tonight at a christmas party. I can ask what the name of the vitamin is that she's taking. I think it's Biotin or something like that. I just don't know if I can take it cause I am nursing. Are you nursing too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:49 pm 

My wife has been losing a lot. I thought it was the reverse of your hair thickening while you're pregnant. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:24 am 

I have heard that Steve. a lot of people have longer thicker hair when they are pregnant. Then after the baby they lose it. But I thought it was right after and only for a short time.