Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:44 pm 

THere you are. I was wondering if Hannah ever came out. I thought maybe she would be going to college still in your belly. I am glad to hear she is here and you and her are doing great. I am sorry the experience was less then perfect for you. But it sounds like the end result was all worth it. We are all waiting for pictures so no holding out on us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:48 pm 

Congrats!! We are going through a really rough time right now with her. She has been up for 8 hours straight crying off and on and we feel so helpless and frusterated. She was so good until this point we don't know what happened. Hopefully it was just a bad day. I am so happy Hannah is here and everything went fairly well. Sorry your labor was so rough. At least it is over. That is how I feel!! Do you have pictures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:56 pm 
Marianne,
I posted this on another thread but I don't think you got to see it so I will post it here for you :)

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if any of you get Parents magazine but I just got my March issue and there is a great article in theer about "why babies cry" I know there are a few new mommies out there that were worried about all the crying, go pick up the issue if you can but I picked out a few things for you:
"Every new mom has been there. Your baby is shreiking, you have no clue how to calm her, and you would give your life savings to someone who could tell you how to stop it."
"What's important to remember is that all infants have unexplained periods of fussiness in the first few months"
"Still realizing that your baby tears are normal doesn't make them easy to live with."
"A newborn cries for an average of three hours a day, peaking at around 6 weeks. By three months, your baby's crying will probably subside to about one hour a day"

There are alot of other good points in the article but these are just a few I picked out. I would give you more but Lily wants her bath now But like I said it is a good article so go out an get the magazine if you get a chance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:02 pm 

Hello all!

I am so tired! LOL!!!! But happy!

Thanks everyone! I will hopefully have some pictures on tonight or twomorrow. Well I should go eat while Hannah is sleeping! :D Talk to you all soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:55 pm 

congrats!

i'm sorry labour was so difficult and such an unpleasant experience for the two of you; i can't believe they turned your epi down! did they do it b/c she was in distress or it was affecting your ability to push, or did they do it "just because"?

they didn't touch mine at all, even when they shut off the pitocin b/c my son was in distress. of course, that didn't stop me from screaming "omygodi'mDYINGGETITOUT.IWILLNEVERHAVESEXWITHYOUAGAIN" while in the process of reaching up to wrap my hands around my husband's neck :oops:

i hope things are going well for the two of you. and like everybody else, i'm looking forward to the pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:47 pm 

They turned it down/off "because". Thats what they do I guess to make sure I can feel enough to push...GAAAAAAA Idots! I'm SURE I could have done it without them turning it down! We are doing good, tired but good! :D