Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hannah has arrived!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:33 pm 

Well she's here!

I went in saturday morning and had my water broken and was put on the drip at about 8:am. eehh...I'm gonna try and make this short and sweet...I was on the pitocin for about 17-18 hours total...It took a very long time for me to dialate and my contractions were very inconsistant. I had my epidural and everything was fine no pain! Then I started to feel alot of pressure. Well eventually I was dialated enough to start pushing...They turned the epidural WAY down. I have never imagined such terrible pain! I was dying! I know everyone knows it hurts and everything but man...I literally went insane with the pain. I was SCREAMING and crying and lashing back and forth in the bed...I couldn't even push it was so bad. There are NO words to describe how terrible it was...They made me "push", or at least thats what I was supposed to be doing, for about 3 hours untill they finally called another doctor in who took one look at me and said that there was no way she was coming out that way; she was stuck in my birth canal! IDOTS! I was put through HELL! And so was my poor Hannah! The anasthesiologist came in and gave me the stuff to numb me for the c-section, as soon as that kicked in I passed right out from exaustion. I was taken to the operating room and was shaking SO BAD that the anastheseologist let my mom come in earlier than she was supposed to...he was awesome! he talked to me and made jokes and stuff.

On Sunday, Febuary 13th at 5:54am my daughter was born! She weighed 8lbs 13oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. The HELL is OVER and I have my sweet baby with me!

At first she had to be put in the special care nursery she had trouble breathing and was dehydrated. (she had an Apgar score of only 2 at first, probably because of those idots leaving the poor thing stuck for so long! :evil: ) She couldn't latch on to my nipples and the poor thing was starving! I started to use a nipple sheild for awhile but she dosn't get enough out of me that way, and the stupid nurses never told me that I needed to supliment her, so I have to pump and bottle feed it to her. I don't have a pump yet and I came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon so I haven't pumped since then and I am SO SO SO engorged! AS soon as my dad gets home we are going to get one. Luckily I had a can of formula so I have been usuing that.

SO my labour was terrible (huge understatment) but it is OVER now and well worth it! The section wasn't that bad I'm stll here right? Sure I'm in lots of pain but that will pass. She is a very good baby! :D now that she is out of that stupid hospital and with me and eating properly! ANYWAY I will have pictures soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:36 pm 
Yeah your back!!!! I was excited, okay now I am going to go read what you wrote!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:38 pm 
Wow she was bigger than my Lily! I am glad things are well for you. I did the screaming thing to during labor! I don't think there was anyone in labor and delivery who could not hear me! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:30 pm 

Kayla!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations dear lady!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

Half way through your message I started to think to myself oh my God do I really want to get pregnant and have to go through that. The pain the screaming everything?!?!?!?!?!? Then I realised that the stupid doctors and nurses didn't realise that she wasn't going to fit through the vaginal canal. You must have been in agony!!!!

However, you got there in the end and so did your dear bundle of joy Hannah.

As you said the pain will soon pass away but you will always have the most important special miracle of your life with you always!!!!

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!

Amelia
X

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:45 pm 
wow, you had a big baby kayla... Congradulations and welcome to the wolrd Hannah! im sorry you had to go through all that, you know whats kinda scarey, she was 21 1/4 inches when she was born, my mykenzi was 21 1/4 inches at her 1 month wlel baby check up!!! either i have a itty bitty baby, or you got a big baby ;-)

well im glad its over for you, get lots of rest hun, youve beeen through alot! cant wait to see pictures of the little cutie!

*hugs*
Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:07 pm 

Thanks guys! :D Amelia dear it is so worth it! (but I'm so glad it's over!) Krissi, I was so embarrassed! I was sure the whole floor must have had a rude awakening that morning! :oops: I had a nurse on my last day who was there that night and was also there during my c-section and I was so embarrassed! LOL! Melisa the weird thing is she looks so tiny! There is no way she looks as big as she is! But keep in mind she was 13 days late! Well I've gotta go pump! :!: :!: :shock: :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:11 pm 
Boy Hannah is gonna be a chunk like my Lily! I look back at my pictures and I can't believe she was ever that tiny. She is 18.5 lbs now! Hannah will grow fast! How much did she weigh when she left the hospital? They loose a little after they are born. I think Lily left the hospital at 7 lbs 13 oz but she was 8 lbs 9 oz when she was born.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:13 pm 

Congratulations Kayla!! Little Hannah is finally here!
I have to admit that reading your whole labour experience brought back
a lot bad memories for me......mine was as bad if not worse than yours....though I was only on the Pitocin for 14 hrs before they decided to do the c-sec. Alex was experiencing fetal distress...a very slow heartbeat, the idiot nurse also forget to give me a catheter during my epidural cause I couldn't get up to go to the washroom.
I also got the shakes real bad with all of the drugs, and threw up and to top it all off I initially felt the doctor cut into me because he was in such a rush to get my baby out and couldn't wait for the drugs to kick in.
Bad experience but it was worth it, I just wouldn't go back to that hospital again.

I can't wait to see Hannah's pictures!!
And I hope you start feeling better soon. The incision will be tender for quite some time. Once mine healed it got really itchy, but that's normal, as long as it's not oozing any fluid or pus....

Take care,
Nicole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:22 pm 

:D [color=green]Congrats on the birth of your baby girl. It must be so wonderful to finely have her at home and in your arms. I know that when I went past my due date with my two children I was getting impateint because I really wanted them to be here and with me. Sorry your labour experience was so dreadful. Its finely over now and you have your bundle of joy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:30 pm 
when i had mykenzi, it was 10:39, i was up ALL night, holding her and cuddling, and walking around, i could NOT sleep, and at about 2 am, they admitted a girl in the room next to me, and she was in labor,, SCREAMING LABOR for 6 hours!!! i sat there on my bed, and cried cuz i heard when the baby started crying, it was like, wow, someone else just went through what i went through, and the next day they moved mee to a shared room because there was a baby boom or something in lansing and the L&D was filling up, and my roommate turned out to be the girl next door who screamed all night LOL!! mykenzi is HUGE!! lol, i call her my itty bitty chunk, she is 5 weeks old and is fitting snuggly into some 3-6 month outfits!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:29 am 
Congrats Kayla!!! Welcome Hannah :D :D :D May your arrival bring peace and hormony to the world.

Kayla, we all missed you all these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:41 am 

awww congratuations she weighs good my little boy was only 6.7 but he was 10 days early.

I would just like to say that not all labours are painfull ive had 3 and ive never been in alot of pain my last 2 were born with out drugs. and my longest labour was my first she was 5 hours my second was 45 mins and my 3rd was 3 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:52 am 

Congratulations on youre new baby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:59 pm 

Congratulations..you finallyhave your little hannah with you...i wouldn't be too embarassed i'm sure its not the first time they've heard someone screaming and crying through labor and everything....i'm worried about when i have to have my baby..i don't handle pain very well so your not alone i'll probably scream but only time will tell..i'm getting anxious about when my little one will come in july.....i can't wait to see pictures of little hannah..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:04 pm 

Congrats and welcome Hannah!! :D