Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello All!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:28 pm 

Hello my name is Mindie...I am 24 years old and just found out that I am pregnant!!! When I went to the doctor for a consult they ended up doing an ultrasound to find out how far along I am, because my cycle is very irregular. Well they did some figuring by the babies weight and length and I am 15 Weeks along........
So any tips you mother's may have would be great. This will be my first as well as the first grandchild(and great grandchild) for my family and the father's. Just thought I would say hello and make as many contacts, seeing how no one except my mother wants to give me advice!!!!
:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:00 pm 

Hi I'm Kayla (20) Mama to Hannah (1 yr)

Congrats on your pregnancy, and welcome to the board! There are lots or girls here who would be happy to awnser any questions you may have. I myself did tons of research when I was pregnant.

How are you feeling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:32 pm 
Hi Im also new here. Im currently 18 weeks pregnant. This is baby number 5. I have three at home one in heaven and one on the way. And to tell you the truth every pregnancy is different. I think Ive experienced everything possible with pregnancy and births. the best advice I can give is epideral!! And have fun its a beautiful gift from god so enjoy every minute. god bless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 pm 

The last couple of weeks have been a little rough!!! Of course I have the wonderful morning(all day) sickness, the restless mind-no sleep(i guess that's my body's way of training me for after that baby comes and urinating all the time. But other than that I am really excited, overwhelmed and worried all at once.................I think only another pregnant person or someone that has been pregnant can understand all the emotions you go through.
My boyfriend and I are starting classes next week and starting to make plans for everything since we only have 5 months to plan instead of the normal 9!!! But that's what we get!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:03 pm 

I may be stupid, but can some one clue me in on what AF stands for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:13 pm 

AF= Aunt Flo (your period)

Sounds like you are doing good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:19 pm 

HAHA!! Thanks.............I guess every woman should know that huh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:18 pm 

I only had morning sickness for two weeks. You might want to watch out for bladder infections. I had one but I thought that I had the flu. Go to baby.com. Enter in your email address and due date. You will receive a news letter every week on how your baby is growing. And how your body is changing. I found it on walmart.com website. You will get tips on how to relax and you can still come here to chat with us. I found that website when i was 21 weeks along. And now I am 27 weeks. So it has helped me out alot. And you can see a drawing of how your baby looks. It is really neat. One thing I would like to say. If you are six months along do not move. I just moved on tuesday. And my feet were sore and swollen. I still need to get the crib up and in our room for the baby. Get as much sleep as you can. There are somedays as to were i get no sleep. And somedays as to were I sleep 12-24 hours without waking up but three times that day to use the bathroom. There is a magazine that is called Parenting. Subscrib to that to. You might see it in your doctor's office. Take a look at it. They have recipes that take 20-30 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:44 pm 

Thank you so much for the advice!!!!