Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello all!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:09 pm 

Hello! I don't know how many "old timers" are here, but I used to post on the old forum before it moved here. I was called "Dad2Hannah" sometimes or "Steve-Hannah's Dad" or other stuff like that. Well, we have a new little one now. My son, Jackson, was born three-and-a-half weeks ago. He's a cranky and colicky one just like Hannah, but thank goodness he's not near as bad and we know more about how to handle it this time. I may still check in from time to time with questions.

So, ARE there any old timers here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:02 pm 

Hi,

I remember you. I was on for about 8 months before the website went under. I remember Hannah had some sleep issues. I hope that she is doing better with that. Congratulations on your new baby and I hope it gets better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:31 pm 

megansmom wrote:
Hi,

I remember you. I was on for about 8 months before the website went under. I remember Hannah had some sleep issues. I hope that she is doing better with that. Congratulations on your new baby and I hope it gets better soon.

I'm fairly certain I remember you as well. Yup, Hannah had some nasty sleep problems. We've had them totally straightened out for a long time now. She's a little over two years old now and sleeps from around 7:30 or 8pm until about 7:30am and takes an hour to an hour and a half nap in the middle of the day. Now we have to work on Jackson. Forget what I said about his colic seeming milder than Hannah's. Over the past couple of days it's seemed every bit as bad as I remember. Oh well. We have gorgeous babies in this family .. they just aren't terribly happy ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:10 pm 

Hi Steve,

I definitely remember you....and Hannah. I was 'Nicole K' on the old board, and now go by 'Nikki'.
Congratulations to you and Mrs. Steve on the birth of your son, Jackson.
My son Alex is now 22 months, and will be turning 2 on Sept. 8th. With the whole colic thing, I can totally sympathize........Alex had hardcore colic.
Whatever happened to Phil?? You two really brought a lot of humour to the old board.
Hope to see you around!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:08 pm 

Nikki wrote:
Hi Steve,

I definitely remember you....and Hannah. I was 'Nicole K' on the old board, and now go by 'Nikki'.
Congratulations to you and Mrs. Steve on the birth of your son, Jackson.
My son Alex is now 22 months, and will be turning 2 on Sept. 8th. With the whole colic thing, I can totally sympathize........Alex had hardcore colic.
Whatever happened to Phil?? You two really brought a lot of humour to the old board.
Hope to see you around!

Hey! How are ya! See .. I knew more than one of the old timers would be around. I didn't bother coming over sooner because I was tired of all of the bickering and other crap going on at that other board. I'm not sure what the heck happened to Phil. Probably the same thing that happened to me.

Jackson threw us a curve ball today. I'm wondering if maybe the two or three days of crying was a growth spurt and not colic. He was a pretty good kid today and most definitely NOT colicky. We're pretty paranoid about colic after the hell we went through with Hannah :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:52 pm 

Quote:
She's a little over two years old now and sleeps from around 7:30 or 8pm until about 7:30am and takes an hour to an hour and a half nap in the middle of the day.

How old was she when she went from two naps to one? My daughter is 13 months old and I am not sure if she should be on one nap or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:11 pm 

megansmom wrote:
Quote:
She's a little over two years old now and sleeps from around 7:30 or 8pm until about 7:30am and takes an hour to an hour and a half nap in the middle of the day.

How old was she when she went from two naps to one? My daughter is 13 months old and I am not sure if she should be on one nap or two.

I don't recalll, to be honest. Her naps were so screwed up for so long that I don't think she really did it naturally. The only thing I'll tell you is that you'll know. I suspect when your daughter is ready she'll start taking one longer nap and not being interested in the other, or taking two really short ones. If she's still taking two naps, don't mess with her.