Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:40 pm 

Mom's and Dad too I need help feeding time at our house is turing it to a nightmare and fast my little guy is 14 months old and will not eat veggies or fruit. I've tried just putting him in his high chair and ignoring him tossing everything on the floor i've tried putting him and his food on the floor.....and i learned that he mashes his food better than the food processer does. he loves everything from the grain group so i know this sounds gross but i make him spinich peach pancakes which he loves but i can only feed him so many of those don't worry you can't taste the spinich the peaches cancel it out any way have any of you had this problem what did you do??? I really need help feeding time is so stressful and i'm worried he's not getting what he needs. Oh and if he'd let me spoon feed him it would solve everything but as soon as he discovered that his fingers can get food to his mouth he wanted nothing to do with me or a spoon. HELP!!!!! anything you can share would be great i'm losing my marbles.
thanks!!!!
Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:09 pm 

Knock would so far I have good eaters. Payton did give me some problems when we first started food. My doctor is a firm believer that dinner time; well really any meal time should not be a stressful time. He hates when people try to get there kids to eat something. He had said just cut back on snacks during the day. You want your child hungry when he sits down. And if he's hungry enough he will eat. He won't starve himself. And most probably he is getting what he needs from his other meals. You know what I make Mikey and he LOVES, shakes. Well, not really shakes. I take vanilla yogurt some fresh fruit and I put it in the blender with some ice. There will be a sneaky way to get some fruits in. Also I am big with the juicer. When my veggies are on the brink of going bad I throw them in the blender. You throw some carrots in there with cantalope and it's nice and sweet. He may like it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:39 pm 

Oh yea I love shakes! They are so good for you too! I'll just mix some milk, and whatever yogurt and fruits we have on hand and voila! MMMMM...I had them all the time when I was pregnant! I do it by eye but try about 3/4 of a cup of milk with a banana and 1/3 of a cup of peach and raspberry yogurt each (those little individual servings.) That was my favourite mixture so far...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:10 am 

For breakfast this morning I made Mikey muffins and I threw in all sorts of fruit. I had blueberries, rasberries, strawberries and apples. While I was making them he was eating a bannana. I figure even if he eats not another fruit or vegtable all day he will have what he needs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:28 am 

Thanks for the help.....you see before Ian was born my hubby and I were total fast food junkies and really weren't big into cooking especially healthy cooking. So these muffins that you speak of...that's the kind of stuff i'm looking for.......so uhm....how excatly do you make them??? Sorry you're leading the blind here I get putting the fruit in the mix but does it matter what kind of mix or do you make it from scratch oh boy I hope not then i'd really be screwed!!!! Hey at least i'm on the right track now
Thanks!!
Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:59 am 

Hey Michelle!!!
No, I made it really easy for myself this morning. I had bought the betty crocker blueberry muffin mix, then I just added more fruit to that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:54 am 

Hey thanks I think I can handle that :lol: that makes me feel so much better because like you said even if he eats no other fruit all day at least i know he'll actually be getting enough at breakfast and it's sounds quick and easy I loooooove that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:13 pm 

YEah got to loe quick and easy. Epsecially with kids.
Speaking of which all is quiet so I better get dinner up.