Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:50 pm 
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to feed a picky, teething 14 month old? We recently finally transitioned her to strictly table foods, it was a battle but we did it. She was really picky and would gag a lot, especially when she was cutting a tooth. Anyway, she now eats pastina (little soup) twice a day (what can I say, she's half Italian and she loves it). Anyway, my problem is the second half of her meal. She eats chicken nuggets, hot dogs, thin steak, and turkey slices but that's about it. I need to add a little variety here, especially with veggies. Any suggestions? I really need some help with this. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:31 am 

Sorry I don't have specific food items, every child is different and most are picky at this age. I would always offer a different variety of foods. One day they like something and then the next they don't. If she wants to eat the same things then at least she's eating something. Mine goes through spurts where she doesn't want to eat hardly anything all day. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:45 am 

Hi,
My little girl is the same. some day's she'll eat anything and the next day she hates everything! I make rice and mix in well cooked veggies and then mix the whole mess with a cream soup like cream of mushroom or, cream of chicken. try different kinds. My daughter much prefers veggies when I mix them like that. I also found that she will eat the veggies from the soups rather than plain cooked. Like the veggies from chicken noodle or beef noodle. I think the broth makes it more enjoyable for her. i hope that helps a little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:14 am 

hey samantha Maile has been a picky eater too, she is nursed , I t makes it hard. but we read to her while she eats and i nurse her after I try to feed to her, I make fun food and make "deals" with her like if you eat ill read to you i made a funny bib for her to wear and we call it her special bib magic bib... i keep trying constantly all different kinds of food I feed her from a big person plate like waht we eat off of. that helps too