Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:27 pm 

i am almost 37 weeks and i have had gestational diabetes for over 2 months. i monitor my levels 4 times a day, with my one hour glucose testing was 159, when they told me to get the 3 hour test i almost went into a diabetic shock from the glucose, i couldnt finish the test i only got threw the first blood drawing not all three but just from that level they said it was to high. every morning with my fasting reading i am at 120-140 my 2 after meals is around 160-190. my doctor never put me on a diet, i looked one up online and started following it to see if i could drop my levels, i has not worked. i have had the worse pains you could ever believe for the last two months, lots of pressure and sharp pains. they still have not sent me for a non stress test. they also have my due date wrong. they said my due date is jan 31 but my other doctor i had befoe i moved told me jan 17 my last period was on april 10th. i have to have a c-section due to a problem in my left eye from my first pregnancy. for the last couple of days i have hardly felt any movements, from my last ultrasound 3 weeks ago the said the baby was in a full breach position with the cord wrapped around his neck. i am getting more increased back pains and hard time going to the bath room, i started to leak a small smount of fuild i told my doctor she told me it was normal, i went online and did some research and i think i have urinary incontenence.
i have also read that women with gd have to deliver there babys at 38 weeks due to a rate of stillborn being very high. i have been put on the fetal monitor twice due to pains they thought might be contractions but it was only magor fetal moment, i watched the heart rate on the monitor go from 130 to 170 without me moving or anything.
is that normal?
am i getting the care i need? are my sugar levels high? what would my real due date be if my lmp is 4-10? whats the chance of stillbirth after 38 weeks? i really need your help i don't know who else to ask and i am really worried i am going to lose this baby
i am also rh neg and i didnt get my shot till 2 weeks ago, is that going to cause my baby any harm?
please any information you could give me would help me so much seeing my doctor is only seeing me every 2 weeks and i am really worried that i am going to lose my baby or something is wrong and i am not getting the high risk care i need.
thank you so much for any help you can give,
jennifer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:46 am 

Ok first af all I am due Jan 31 and my LMP was May 1st! If you arent feeling many movements then you should do fetal kick counts: If you do not feel at least 10 movements in 2 hours then you should notify your hospital NOT your doctor because from what you are saying I think your doctor is neglecting you and your baby! And the ultrasound showed that the cord was wrapped around the neck? UMM HELLO?? Isn't that cause for concern?!?!? You said you are leaking fluid? Did your doctor do a test to check if that fluid was AMNIOTIC??? The heart rate went up 40 bpm's? Wow... No I would definately say that you are NOT getting the care you need. The only thing I can tell you is to go to your hospital and notify them of everything you just posted here. Im sorry if I sound a bit harsh but I am appauled and angry at what you have written! You poor, poor woman! Ok um about the pains: I have been getting pains as well; Sharp stabbing pains and menstrual like crampy pains so if they are like what you are experiencing than it is completely normal and nothing to worry about. Now you mentioned back pains? That is another story if you are getting lower back pains as well as abdominal pains then that certianly sounds like labor to me! They said it was a major fetal movement?? Ok now that dosn't make sense to me at all! It has NEVER REALLY hurt me for Hannah to move inside me. Just the odd pain or pinch when she moves onto something. There is something very off about what you have written... Mabey you should get a second opinion?? I don't know what else to say! I really hope that you and your baby are going to be ok!! Good Luck!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:54 am 

I think you should go to the hospital. I would tell them everything that you told us like the previous post said. You're baby and life is nothing to play around with. The leak could be amniotic fluid. With my first I was leaking. But if it is inconsitence then it would only happen when you cough, sneeze and stuff like that. If you would like to email me to talk to me you can email me at JaylenandJimmie@aol.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:14 pm 
i was just diagnosed with GD 2 weeks ago, and i am now 37 weeks.. and in agreement with the posts before me, you are being neglected by your doc! if you have any concerns about you or your childs well being as of right now, go to the hospital! what your doctor is doing is wrong, everything that you stated in the post i a loud cry for immediate medical attention!! your sugar levels are definately too high, especially for in the morning... and the pains, ive felt them more so now than ever, and it sucks, but i believe it is normal and have been reassured that it is normal..

good luck to you and your baby, please keep us updated and let us know what happens!

Melisa