Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELP IM ONLY 16
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:30 am 

I am 16 years old and have been with my fiance for 9 months now and we just recently started having sex. Something happened and I have a feeling im going to be pregnant. I dont know what im going to do .. my mom will kill me i am only 16! im very scared. but abortion is definitly out of the question. Can anyone tell me if my mother has any say over whether i can go through with having a baby?? I dont even know how to tell my mother about this. She asked me a couple months ago about birth control but i said no because at the time i wasnt having sex. Please help. I'd really appreciate it. My next period doesnt come for another 2 weeks so i wont know for sure until then if im actually pregnant. I bought pregnancy tests and Im going to take them as soon as i can. Are there any early signs besides a missed period to know?.. Please help me. Thankyou very much!

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:25 am 

Hi.

I know you are scared about a possible pregnancy, but does you can be more precise with "something happened" :?:

Do you know you can take the morning after pill ? This pill can be taken 1-3 days after intercourse. You can also insert the IUD 1-7 days after intercourse.

Barb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:08 pm 

Sweetheart, it is ok. try to get an appointment with a doctor for advice and help. and remember even if you are pregnant, it will be ok.
(did you know it takes alot of timing to get pregnant , you may not have been in your fertile time) prayersand a hug,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:40 am 

First of all, your mother has NO say whatsoever if you have, abort, or give up that baby. It is YOUR decision and NO ONE elses.

I would just wait it out. Wait until you expected period date. Still no period? Take a test. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:31 pm 

Hello-

I am 17 now and I got pregnant at 16. I have a 5 month old daughter now. I fond out I was pregnant when I was only 2 weeks. Me and my boyfriend has unprotected sex and after we did it, I just knew. I would definatly take a pregnancy test. Don't rush it though-this can be a scary thing-especially for me it was. Do it when you are comfortable. Have your boyfriend there or someone whos close to you when you take your test. My mom freaked when she found out. Now-she must be the happiest grandma ever. It may take some getting use to-but if you are pregnant just tell her. Me and my mom just sat down and talked....and now it couldn't be bette....good communication is the key! Beign pregnant at 16 is really scary, but god will help you through it! You may notice that you feel a little under the weather or your breasts are tender if you are, this usually takes a few weeks to kick in. Don't let your mind fool you! Good Luck in the future-no matter what-its gonna be ok! God has a great plan for your life!!

-Melanie

p.s. If you ever wanna chat you can always write back to me!!! or email me
EJB2804@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:54 pm 
hey hun sorry to hear bout your unfortunate fate but im afriad i have the same thing happening and im only 14!!!!! i feel ya tho.goodluck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:09 am 

i would just like to say if are, i know its scary im 22 and i was with my fionce 3 and a half years when i got preg.(my daughter is 10 mths.)and so at the time i was 21, and i was afraid to tell my mom :D i just want to tell you that even thought it might be hard to hear, at your age and due to the short duration of you relationship you might want to think about adoption my friend kristen had a baby when she was 15 and she gave her son up for open adoption. he has a wonderful family that have finanial stability and can give him everything he needs, and it allowed her to graduate high school and she see him when ever she sets up a meeting, but no matter what you deside to do if you are preg. there are alot of foundations and support groups out there that can help you.god bless