Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:45 pm 

I'm new at this. I'm the mother of two boys (3-6 years old now) at 38 years old. I would like to have a baby girl, this is going to be the last one. Do you think it's Okay to have a baby at 38 years old? I've heard some about the birth defects a little bit, but not really sure if I understand that. And one question is one of you know how to conceive a girl....please share that info. with me, would be appreicated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:13 pm 

The Chinese Lunar Calendar is the only way that I know. The web address is www.holodeck.com/pregnancy/chinese-cal.html. I hope this helps you in having you a little girl. By the way 38 isn't to old I have a friend that had a little boy at age 41. BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!

TTC:11 months

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:27 am 

laura wrote:
The Chinese Lunar Calendar is the only way that I know. The web address is www.holodeck.com/pregnancy/chinese-cal.html. I hope this helps you in having you a little girl. By the way 38 isn't to old I have a friend that had a little boy at age 41. BABY DUST!!!!!!!!!!!

TTC:11 months

Can you explain that what Baby Dust means? And also I tried to link and it said The page cannot be found.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:33 pm 

Hi,

I don't really think there is any foolproof way of ensuring that you conceive a baby girl. I think there are different theories that try to explain how to increase your odds of conceiving a girl. I've read about some in books but cannot remember what they said.
You could try going to the search engine "Google". Google.com or Google.ca and do a search on conceiving girls.
Also, by today's standards 38 is not too old to have a baby, but your odds increase of having a baby with Down's syndrome, also you have a greater chance of having a multiple birth because as you age, your eggs also age, and the chances of you ovualting more than one egg at time also increases. You should also do a search on conceiving over age 38 and see what comes up.

Good luck :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:12 am 

First off Baby Dust mean wishing you luck on getting pregnant. Try this web site; www.thelaboroflove.com/chart . Then click on Ancient Chinese Gender Chart. I hope this one works best of luck.

Post subject: Having a girl...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:56 pm 

I hope I am sending this post correctly... I am new at this. My husband and I really wanted a little girl so we used the techniques in the book "How to choose the sex of your baby". I can't remember the authors... My friend's OB also told her that if you douche with vingar and water before trying you are more likely to have a girl b/c the male sperm doesn't live as well in the acidic environment. I don't know hoe true any of this is but we ended up with our little girl (she is almost two now) so it worked for us. Good luck and God bless your baby, girl or boy.