Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:29 pm 
OK..Im 18 years old and I am not on BC. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend about a month ago. I know I should not have, because I knew, due to timing, I was due for my period in a few days.

Alas, my period did NOT arrive. Instead I just got a bunch of discharge. A few days ago I noticed a creamy white discharge on the condom after we had sex. It was almost foamy.

My breasts have been tender, but I have been putting that aside as rough play during sex because I like it when he plays with them, but they have never been this tender and he has been not as rough this past week cause I told him it started to hurt.

I have noticed alot of bloating, and yesterday I noticed some spotting when I went to the bathroom. I have also been consistantly hungry. I also get small, barely noticeable cramping that is stronger after sexual intercourse or sexual contact (such as masturbation).

Now, last year, around the same time, I had very similar responses and I did not get my period for 3 months. However it was with a different guy, and the condom had broke but he had not ejactulated.

I talked to my boyfriend, my RA in my dorm, my boyfriends friends who just recently had a child of their own (an adorable girl named Emily), and thats about it, but they thought it might be because of stress.

I have no money to pay for a pregnancy test, which sucks because I REALLY need one. so I guess I have a few questions to ask.

a) Could I be pregnant? Or could this just be a typical stress response to end-of-school-year angst?

b) Where can I get a free test? Any nationwide clinics?

c) What should I do if I am pregnant?

I dont want to keep the child, I have no money and neither does my boyfriend and its not my cup of tea (I am self proclaimed childfree), I would go for adoption but I am very much suceptable to high-alert depression, which could cause suicidal tendicies if I go for full-term, and I am pro-choice, but I dont think I could go through with an abortion just because all the clinics I know of are attacked by pro-lifers which would probably send me into a high-alert depression. Also I am very scared of doctors, so its hard either way.

Please help me, I am sooo scared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:39 am 
I'm no pro but there are places where you can go see if you are pregnant. Go to Planned parnthood and you get get a free test and also they have a thing where you can have free brith control. I'm going there on friday..lol Well let me know what happens.

p.s. if you dont want to go there just look in your phone book and call around to places there are tons of places that give free prenganancy tests.
www.GothicGoddess.Net :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:40 pm 

Wow does this make me remember the past, and not fondly.

I got pg for the first time when I was 17 (senior year). I went to a planned parenthood and I'm pretty sure the test was free. The woman started telling me all about the baby I was not planning on keeping. I had an abortion just after graduation (using the $200 my parents gave me for a graduation gift) When done, I felt SO empty... I really felt hollowed out (literally) I still wonder about what might have been. It took me about 10 years to be able to think about it without crying. This is the first time I have told anyone except my boyfriend and am having second thoughts about posting it. BTW, I have always been depressed and thought about suicide regularly. I still think about it but only from time to time.

I'm 29 now. I just got married and am pg for the second time (planned) I still occasionally think about suicide but with the baby coming, I will not allow it to be an option. I owe it to the baby to be here for him/her.

I think that
(a) Yes, you could definitely be pregnant and need to get a test done. .

(b)Try planned parenthood. I think it might be free. Or, you could look it up in your phone book and call around to see who might offer a free test. Try looking under abortion or clinic or family planning. Or, do an internet search for "pregnancy test free your state" And definitely take your boyfriend with you so he can give you emotional support. Maybe you could borrow money or sell something for the test. I think you can get a 2 or 3 pack test for 10-15 at the drugstore

Can you talk with your parents about it? They might be more supporting that you would think.

(c) One of the first priorities here is you. You have to get a hold on your depression, and you know what, it can and does get better. I have learned alot about myself. There are things I do that make me unhappy (running terrible scenarios in my mind for one thing). I used to say Im only happy if Im depressed. That's not a good way to be.

If you can't afford couseling, call one of the hotlines for teen moms. I'm pretty sure there were some web sites/phone numbers posted in this board... Run a search for them. Also, this board seems to have lots of young people you can talk with. It will be easier if you have somebody's shoulder to cry on. And of course, you will need to decide what you are going to do. The sooner the better.

There's adoption of course, but what about seeing an adoption agency NOW? I have heard of couples offering to pay for your pregnancy and delivery with the agreement that they will be the lucky couple chosen to love and raise your baby. They could provide you love and support because they would want you to be happy and healthy for the baby. You hopefully could take comfort in knowing you did the best thing for the baby (not just the best thing for you... as I did)

You're going to get lots of advice on this but it really comes to you've got to do what you feel in your heart is best (but don't ignore your head either) Best of luck to you!

Let us know what you decide, and if you're pg. We're happy to lend an ear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:47 pm 

I feel for you. There is a very good chance you could be pg. Planned parenthood is a good place to get a free preg. test done. I am 22 and I am preg. It was unplanned, but things happen for reason and we are excited about it. I had an abortion when I was 19, I think about it all the time, but I know that at the time it was for the best. I went to a pyschologist for awhile because of it. If you need an ear, I am here.

Post subject: I know how you feel
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:29 pm 

The day after X-Mas I found out I was pg. I was only 16. My boyfriend was 18 and so scard. He gave me a hard time for two months intill I turned 17. My parents where very helpful I don't know what I would have done without them. I got married April 24. I'm also 6 months with my daughter ( The day I felt her kick she was mine and I was so glad I didn't choose abortion).

:wink: Baby_Mama_Drama04 :wink: