Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:11 pm 

Hi,
I'm 19 and this is my first pregnancy,...well actually I was pregnant once before but had a miscarrage early on,...but my problem now is that I don't remember being this sick the first time!! I'm sick basically from the time I get up to the time I go to bed,....I also throw up at least two times a day...is that normal!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:52 pm 

It is normal. There are some things that can help some people but the for sure cure is time. My morning sickness lasted about 3 weeks and they were miserable. Some people's last a few months and very rarely some people will have it all nine months. But the chances are that the sickness will go away sometime around 12 weeks. I used the Sea Bands motion sickness wrist bands that helped a little. Eating small bland meals and not getting really hungry helped and ginger ale helped. Hope this helps!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:52 pm 

Thanks, I will keep that in mind,...it's just hard to get excitied about having baby when your always sick!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:10 pm 

I completely understand!!! When I was sick, I was thinking, what did I get myself into and if this is what it is going to be like, I don't know if I like this!! But trust me, it will go away!! How far along are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:39 pm 

They think I'm about 7 weeks,....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:49 pm 

Yes, I'm 6 1/2 weeks, and I've been pretty sick, too. Everything I eat makes me sick and I never want to see it again. I'm running out of things to eat! I usually love salad and the thought of it sends me running. I get really barfy in the middle of the night, so I have a bowl by my bed just in case. Everyone says it's good, though. If you feel sick then your hormones are high. Also, I hate the smell of everything: my house, my garage, my dog, my husband's feet, even the mall. I hope you feel better soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:56 pm 

I know what you mean,...our dog and well everything bothers me,....I just hate being sick all the time,.....it's even hard to go and be at work all day long,......so when is your baby due??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:52 pm 

According to my ultrasound, my new due date is April 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:19 pm 

Have your doctor gave you any morning sickness pills? After my doctor gave me mine. I don't have nausea any more. I told my doctor that I thought I could not make the whole nine months like that. My doctor was scared I will get dehydrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:47 am 

try keeping saltine crackers at your bedside . before you get out of bed eat one to settle your stomach and then maybe that will help a little

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:40 pm 

well you have hypermremesis i had it so bad I was on Zofran ask your dr about it reglan is great too but zofran is safe I took it from the 6th week to 4 weeks after i gave birth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:51 pm 

THANK YOU Guys,....for all the advice I go to the doctor tom,....so I will be sure tell ask about the pill,..and any thing else I can do,..and I'll keep you guys posted!!!!
Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:07 pm 

Hi
There is one more thing that worked for me. I kept a jolly rancher or some type of hard candy in my mouth when I started to feel sick at all or if I knew that I hadn't had anything to eat. I just say the other day, at Babies R us that they have something like hard candy packaged for ladies with morning sickness! Good Luck. Once this is over, things get much better. Hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:33 am 

When I started getting having nausea my sister suggested I drink grape juice. Her mother-in-law told her to do this during her pregnancy. She said it had something do with the enzymes in the grape juice. It worked for her. She had a pretty rough pregnancy and to know that one thing could be aliviated with a household remedy was a blessing to her.

You know what I took her advice and it seems to be working. Hopefully it works for you. :oops:

Post subject: Me too
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:34 pm 

I've been soooooooo sick! Uhg... I've had one daughter before and I barely had ANY trouble, but now I'm having triplets and so I think that it's 3x WORSE!