Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: help please
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:50 pm 

About 10 weeks ago I had sex for the first time, my bf did not bust and then I didn't really think much about it. I've had 2 periods since then but both have been shorter...3-4 days long. I have read that when you have sex for the first time it will screw up the normality of your period but I don't know how true that is. Every once in a while I have a day when I have to pee a lot but it's not an everyday thing or too often. I also occasionally get cramps also but neither are too serious. I have a feeling that I'm just being paranoid because I have absolutely no sign of showing but I don't know because I have no one I can talk to about it and no one that could get me a test so I'd just like people to give me an opinion on whether they think I have a real reason to worry or if I'm just being paranoid..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:42 pm 

If he didn't ejaculate in you there isn't too much to worry about. BUT DO REALIZE that if he doesn't use a condom his precum can get you pregnant! If you haven't yet... you should try to find a teen clinic in your area and have your boyfriend, a friend, yourself or a relative you trust take you there to get on birth control. If there aren't any teen clinics you should go to a gynecologist to get on birth control. I believe you have to have parental consent/ insurance to get on birth control at a gyno I'm not sure. I went to a teen clinic.... you would go- get a physical- take a pregnancy test and they would give you the pill (or there are other forms of birth control) and a bag of condoms so I would be protected- all for only like 11-20 dollars! Anyways, you need to get on birth control to prevent an "unplanned" pregnancy. I was on birth control (but had been on antibiotics--- which basically "kill" a birth control pill) and my boyfriend (now husband) and I had unprotected sex and I got pregnant! So be EXTREMELY careful! Also, if you miss your period next month you may want to take an at home pregnancy test.... also you can take one about 2-3 weeks after you and your boyfriend "fooled around" to help clear your conscious!! Good luck! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:24 pm 

Kendra04 is right but you do not need parental consent for the birth control pills. They may even give you free packs. It is very important for you to see a gyn now that you are sexually active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:48 am 

Yes, it is very important. And also extremely important to realize that even if he doesn't ejaculate in you, or at all, there is pre-cum, as previously stated. And let me be the first to tell you that yes, you can get pregnant by pre-ejaculation. My last pregnancy was the ol' pull out method. Obviously, goes to show you, the pull out method doesn't always work...

Get on bc. When I got pregnant for my daughter, I was young, scared, and didn't know what to do...I went to our local clinic to confirm I was pregnant in the first place. I gave them a 5 dollar donation, peed in a cup, and that was it. They were also very consoling when I broke down after the results. Birth control is out there for you to use it to your advantage. Do it. These are circumstances of your life we are talking about if you don't. And always use protection otherwise as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:08 am 

Yes , you should go to clinic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:43 am 

You can be pregnant and still have your period. My mother had her period for the first 6 months with me. So, to be on the safe side, I would get a test. If you are, than you can start doing the things that are necessary to have a healthy baby! (IE taking vitamins, going to the doctor, stopping anything unhealthy for the baby...) Good luck!