Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELP!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:11 pm 

For the last past 3 days my daughter has been getting her leg caught in her crib rails. She is almost 7 months old. I don't know what to do. The problem is, when she wakes up she doesn't cry or anything. She just entertains herself by kicking around her blankets, rolling around, chewing on her dolly or pulling the string on her musical dog. When she rolls around I think that's when she gets her foot caught in the rails. Then she will start panicing and screaming for me. The first time she did this it scared the crap out of me. I ran in there so fast and grabed her I think I even scared her.

She has even woke up in the middle of the night with her leg in there caught. She tends to toss and turn through the night.

I am lost. I can't think of anything on my own of what to do about this. I thought of stringing cardboard slabs up against the sides but I don't think that will work.

Does anyone have any suggestions or similar experiences????

I am so afraid that she is going to cause herself serious pain or a injury.

Concerned,

Mother of a Beautiful Baby Girl- Emily Jo 2-8-04

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:10 am 

Hi There :D

I think that your idea of putting somthing up agains the side of the crib so that she can't get her legs caught is a good one. Maby a thin board would be better cause it would be firmer.

Good Luck
Lopke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:49 am 

Hey,

You didn't mention if you had bumper pads on the crib.....do you have any? I know they are soft and she could still probably push them down with her leg and get it caught, but they might work.

I once tried taking ours off when my son was younger, and the same thing happened he got his leg caught through the rails. Once I put the bumper pads back on he was ok. Ours came up pretty high. The goverment here and prenatal classes do not recommend using them though because of SIDS. We debated about it and tried without but then decided it was safer for us to use them. That was just our personal decision.

I guess as a last resort, the cardboard may be a good option......you could at least try it for a week and see how it works.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:54 am 

Just one other thing I was thinking of that was kind of worrying me was if you do try using cardboard or a thin board you have to be careful because she may try chewing on these objects especially if they are something new on her crib. It could be very dangerous and once cardboard gets wet, it gets very soft and can easily tear.

Another person mentioned a thin board.......you would have to make sure all the edges are very, very smooth so that she doesn't injure herself on any sharp edges, or worse get splinters on her hands or even in her mouth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:28 pm 

Yes I have a bumper pad. She is pusing it either up or down to get her legs through. I don't know what I am going to do. I think I might as my ped. tomorrow at her baby check up to see if he has any suggestions.
Thanks!

Post subject: Help
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:13 pm 

DO you have a bumper on the crib? If yo do they have somany different ones now that maybe you can get on that's higher.