Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: help!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:22 am 

i need a little help. here is the problem... first of all of course i am starting to show which everyone knows that means my cloths are getting tighter. my shirts aren't comfertable(they are really tight) and my jeans aren't either(enless i don't botten them :oops: ) but maternity cloths are still to big. i don't want to look like a slob over the hoidays when me and my husband go out to partys and stuff. i could really use some advice. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:35 am 

Start wearing maternity shirts or really long shirts. Keep your pants unbuttoned. If they keep slipping fasten them with a rubber band or safety pin. The shirts will cover it up so no one will really know the difference.

Try Old Navy maternity clothes. They tend to run a little smaller than Motherhood. I'm almost 25 weeks and I don't think I can fit into Motherhood's pants yet.

The jeans with the elastic band work really well at first. As you get further along they might get uncomfortable because they put pressure on your tummy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:27 pm 

I agree; I got a pair of jeans with a nice big elastic front at Wal-Mart and they were very comfortable and don't look that bad with a nice big sweater. I can't fit into them anymore of course but they were nice a few months ago :wink: Also I dont know If you guys have Thyme Maternity in the states but they have something to fit you in every stage of pregnancy and very nice styles too. (Kind of pricy though) Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:17 am 

I agree about Old Navy clothes. I drove 2 hours to go to the closest Old Navy Maternity. Not only do they have the least expensive clothes that I have found (try the clearance), but they are cute and they fit well. If you are barely showing a size small would fit and then you could move to a medium and then a large, or wherever you would start. They are nice because they look non maternity but they are larger where you need them to be. The pants are also good. They have the longest inseam I have found. I don't like Motherhood Maternity clothes because they look so maternity and the pants are always too short. The elastic pants (the ones with just the band) should fit you and they are not too expensive at Old Navy. Sorry, I have turnes into a huge Old Navy advocate. The rubber band trick also works well but I always felt so sloppy. My mom found some pant extenders that worked well. You just button them to your pants like usual but there is fabric so your pants aren't open. Sorry to rattle on and on, but I really needed advice on where to find cheap clothes earlier in pregnancy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:22 pm 

The elestic pants were much better then the pouch ones. One word of advice which I heard on a tv program once. Wear maternity not big girl stuff. My mom used to buy me just bigger sized clothes and although the gesture was nice they made me look dumpy. Maternity clothes are the way to go. Mimi maternity has nice stuff. When I was pregnant with my son I had a black tie party to go to and I was able to find something there.