Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:59 pm 

Hi Chelle, Since this is my third baby and the babys dads not involved I had to get on welfare for insurance and food stamps for my other two due to me having two part time jobs it's not working out financially so I really hate being on welfare. But the welfare people were going to go after the babys dad for DR appts and child support ect... well they told me that he took off and they cant find him my two boys dad helps out the best he can. but will the welfare be able to locate him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:27 am 

Hi,
I am actually not sure if they would be able to locate him. Did you ask them what the procedure is concerning getting the dads to support their child? It might pay to contact welfare and see what action they can take to find him, ie ...contacting next of kin, last known workplace etc. I am actually from New Zealand and am not up with the welfare system in the US. Surely they have ways to find him. Over here in New Zealand it is our Inland Revenue(Tax Department ) that contacts the fathers because over here sooner or later they use there ird numbers and every year we have to file our tax with them and they get updated addresses on us. Sorry I couldnt help. Maybe one of the other ladies on this site might know. Gosh he is a real jerk for treating you and your baby like this. Sadly enough there are many men like that out there. You take care :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:51 am 

I know welfare contacts the child support business but I dont know what their doing on contacting him? Thank you for your support ,your awesome

mandy

Danny angel 10 yrs
Ricky-lee 8yrs