Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hey there
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:38 am 
hey there everyone, good morning, or evening, whichever it may be. it is going on 2 am ehre for me, its been a long 6 hours, mykenzi has been fussy, crying, screaming, im not sure what is wrong. she is asleep now, thank goodness, i sat with her untill she calmed down, and i put her in bed about 15 minutes ago, she been asleep ever since. starting at 8, she ate, played around, got a new diaper, then fell asleep, slept an hour, woke up screaming,, this routine (eliminate the feeding) went on until just 20 minutes ago. there were timesd she was screaming like she was litearlly in pain. i called the late night doc number for her doc, at 12:30... they paged the on call doc to call me back, and she has yet to call!! darn docs!!! :x :x :x :x :x when she was screaming, or crying, she was rubbing her face and kept grabbing her ears, so i jsut dont know, plus she was displaying actions of being hungry, i would tryto feed her, she would drink some, then cry!!
i jsut dont know, i feel so bad because i cant make her feel better, id get some tylenol but i have no way of leaving!! :(:(

Melisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:40 am 
It is probably gas. Have you ever had REALLY bad gas that just hurts so bad you want to cry. Well just think of that poor little thing with that kind of gas. Don't run out and get the Tylenol unless the doc clears you to get it. You should not give that to the baby that young unless the doc says so. Go out and buy the baby gas drops. They will help alot. Don't worry this too shall pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:59 am 

It does sound like gas or maybe colic if this becomes a regular thing with her. It's best to take her to the doctor when you get a chance just to be sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:02 pm 

Payton rubs her face and grabs her ears when she is over tired

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:26 pm 

Tameka fights sleep by smearing her face into my chest.... rubbing her ears and now by playing with my hair! I would giver her gas drops and just hold her to comfort her. Tameka likes to be bounced to sleep.... NOW THIS MAY SOUND STUPID but... I brought out my old "Hippity Hop" (if any of you know what that is.. it is a big ball kids bouce around on) and I hold her and sit on it to bounce. It gives me a little work out and it so much easier than bouncing on a couch...bed.. or walking. So I hold Tameka tight and sit there and just bounce her. She enjoys it and after a few last screams to fight it... she soon drifts off to sleep. GOOD LUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:10 am 

My son I used to bounce walking once in a while. Bouncey on a hippy hop after two kids? At night? Oh no I think those days are over for me. LOL!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:26 am 
i figured out the whole night time crying sleeping issue with mykenzi!!!! wooohoooo.... ok, on monday, at noon, we tried another tub bath, she did very well, only cried when we put her in and took her out, and she slept very very well afterwards.. so i put 2 n 2 together, and last night, at 9 pm, i gave her another bath!! no crying not once!! just sat there staring at me, then i dressed her, we had some playtime, she ate about 3 ounces, and drifted off to sleep at about 10.. so i dove into bed, thinking that its gonna be another sleepless night. well!! she didnt wake up till 1:30, at which time she ate a 3 ounce bottle, then off to sleep again, then woke up at 4:15 when my mom came home, but fell right back asleep, then up at 6:30, had another 3 ounces bottle, got a clean diaper, layed in my chest looking at me for about 10 minutes, then off to sleep. and here it is 8:30, and she is jsut now starting to squirm!! wooohoooooooooooooooooooooo

another big thing for us: i bought her a crib mirror the other day, and while she was laying on the couch last night, i had the mirror on the couch, and her on her side so she could see in it.. and i happened to glance down at her, and she was laying there, calm as could be, staring at herself in the mirror, SMILING! and when i said something to her, she looked up at me and smiled, and then stiffened her legs out and shoved her fist in her mouth!!! it was soooo adorable!!!

so now since im well rested, im gonna have me some breakfast before she wakes up totally!!

Melisa:):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:37 am 
My daughter was the same way. She LOVES to have her bath at night. She knows when it is coming now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:36 pm 

Until recently Payton would on;y go to bed at night after a bath. A few nights we were out and when we got home I was too tired to give her a bath and ended up being up with her half the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 pm 
heya, just wanted 2 let u all know that am moving on saturday, and the phone and dsl wont be turned back on ill wednesday.. so i wont be posting till then;; but i will be back when it gets back on... and since i might not be ehre u when u ladies go into labor, if u do... Good Luck to you!!!! so ill talk to u all later next week:):L):)

melisa n mykenzi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:58 pm 

Hey Melisa and Mykenzi! Good luck on your move! Hopefully I'll be able to tell you ALL about my labour and have some pics for you to see by the time you get back!

Kayla

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:44 pm 

You didn't have that baby yet????? What is she waiting for?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:55 pm 

Ask her! LOL! She is taking her sweet time I guess! And killing me in the meantime!

:D