Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:27 pm 

Hi everyone!!! I wanted to introduce myself to this board. I am due in almost 2 weeks. Im 21 and my husband is 24. This is our first child and we are having a girl. My husband and I are excited and cant wait. We are naming her Cadence Alexandria. :) I have a question to ask. How long does sperm( when inside you) last? I hear 5 days and it could be more. Whats the most? We just think our due date is off so that is why I was wondering. Please let me know. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:22 pm 

Hello!! Congrats on your baby girl!! :) I love the name Cadence AND Alexandria!

For the most part, I've read/heard that sperm can live for 5 days inside you. Some sources say 5-7 days at most, but then a lot of people argue that the 7 days is pretty highly unlikely. I don't know how accurate those sources are; hopefully someone can give you a more concrete answer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:42 pm 

It depends on your cervical fluid at the time. If you had really wet and eggwhite like cervical fluid the sperm would last about 3-5 days. Good luck with your labor and delivery. Since its your first, I heard they usually run late even though many don't!! Keep us updated!

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 pm 

Thank you for your advice. I heard the same thing as well. A friend of mine thinks I will go before my due date. My mom is coming out here for the birth and I want her here but my friend thinks I will go before then. I hope not. My family is far from me. My husband is in the Navy so we are in Cali. while they are in IL. But thank you again for the advice. :) I know I cant wait. It is getting closer. take care and I will keep you posted.