Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hi...new member here
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:15 pm 

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of posts over the last hour and feel that you ladies give a lot of valuable info. I am 20 yrs old and I am 15 weeks pregnant with my very first child. I am extremely excited and over-joyed but I have a couple questions that maybe some of you can answer. 1) My stomach has gotten so hairy...did this happen to anyone else? 2) My doctor hasnt prescribed any prenatal vitamins or even mentioned anything about them...is it too late to start taking them and would it be safe to take the ones you can get over the counter? And last but not least, I have been worrying constantly about having a healthy baby. My pregnancy has gone great so far but i cant help but worry that something may go wrong. Did anyone else stress like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:42 am 

Extra Hair = Normal.
Prenatal Vitimins - Your baby will get what he/she needs from you. Taking them is good, and will help keep your iron levels up. You can get them Over the counter. Even though it's later, taking them will certianly not harm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:20 am 

You hurt yourself more than you hurt your baby. Prenatals are for your health. As long as you're keeping a good diet you don't really need them. Afterall women were giving birth long before the invention of those pills.

Grabbing a bottle and taking one daily isn't going to hurt you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:51 pm 

I have never taken any vitamins through any of my pegnancies but I agree they certainly shouldnt hurt! :D Oh, and the hair VERY normal it will fall out or disappear after you have bub! Just relax and enjoy one of the most incrediable journeys you will ever experience :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:29 am 

Hmm, I definitly recoment taking prenatal vitimins right now. The over the counter ones are fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:36 pm 

I feel a lot better now! thanks bunches. maybe now i can try to relax a little bit. i did go get some vitamims today...the pharmasist told me that they make many women sick... i took one after my lunch and i didnt get sick, so i guess thats a plus. anyways...thanks again. :D