Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: High Blood Pressure?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:14 pm 

I went to the doctor today and my blood pressure was 148/68 and my pulse rate was 100. My doctor told me I was "marginal" for high blood pressure. :? I haven't gained any weight in between my last doctor's appointments. I've gained like 20 pounds total and I exercise daily and eat healthy. My mother had extremely high blood pressure when she went to deliver me. ( Although I have not told my doctor that... because I didn't know till I told her about my appointment today.) Anyways... what could have caused this to happen all of a sudden? How close is this to high blood pressure? What else can I do besides what I am already doing to prevent this? Is this bad for the baby? I may just be getting too excited since this is my first, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:10 pm 

If it gets too high, I think it is called preeclampsia (sp?) and the only thing that makes that better is delivering the baby. I don't think it is harmful to the baby, only to you!! I think the would just deliver you early to solve that problem. Don't be too worried!! It might only make your blood pressure higher!! Just try and take care of yourself and stay on top of your blood pressure!! Your doctors won't let it get out of hand. Like I said, the worse thing that will probably happen is that they'll induce you and you'll deliver early.