Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: home or at hostpital
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:13 am 

hi.i need some advice if any one can help i went for my regular antenatal cheak the other day and she recomended i have a home birth cos i have had 2 text book labours my partner isnt happy about it but understands this is my last chance to do what i want as the other 2 i wanted a water birth but birthing pool was already in use both times has anyone got any advice for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:46 pm 

Hi Zoe,

When I had my daughter 6 years ago, I considered an at home birth, after some thought, being it was my first we decided against it.
I had a text book delivery with my daughter, it could not have gone better, in fact I used to tell people that it was such a cinch I could have ten more!
When I got pregnant with my son, again I considered it...and for whatever reason (thank God) we chose not to. I had 2 Postpartum hemmorages. Passing clots the size of softballs! I had 2 emergancy D+C's and blood transfussion. I developed an anxiety disorder as a result of this, and almost a year later am starting to feel better, but will be on anti-depressants for awhile yet.
What happened to me is rare, but it does happen, and i am just grateful that I was in the hospital and not at home when I had all the complications.
So whenever I hear of anyone considering at home births, I cringe.
Good luck in making your decision, and with your delivery! :)

AmberD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:19 pm 

hi zoe my sister had 2 texbook labours but with her 3rd she had to have an emergency c/section.its total your decision but i think its safer at the hospital just incase,we never no how nature will take its course

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:58 am 

Hi Zoe,
I've had 5 births and 2 of them were hospital, 1 birth center and 2 homebirth. If your state has legal homebirth with certified midwives you really might want to check with one or two and find out what they have to offer. Often times, some of the more scary things that have happened during hospital births ie; heavy bleeding postpartum or stressed out baby have actually been caused by one birth intervention or another. That's not to say *all* problems are hosptial/OB cause but some *are*.
If you choose to go homebirth, you will most likely find it to be the most empowering experience of your life. You will be allowed to eat/drink/walk/sleep undisturbed when the need arises etc. It's just a very warm and welcoming way to bring a new life into the world.
Best of luck to you in whichever method you choose.