Bulletin Boards
Home Page
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel   LoginLogin 

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:34 am 

hello i have a question that i hope someone could answer. i am currently going through my second pregnancy. my first pregnancy i was around 16 and i felt that i couldnt go through it so i did the bad deed and aborted it. i am now pregnant again and i am as happy as can be. there is no doubt that i am keeping my child. but i have encountered some problems that worry me so far. at first i didnt think iwas pregnant at all cuz i got what seemed to b e my period. it went exactly how i normally get it. then i realized that what i thought was the end of my period wasnt actually the end. what would come out is just discharge that is mixed with blood. so in total i have been actually bleeding for almost 3 weeks now. i recently use a pregnancy test to confirm my pregnancy and it came out positive. i am very excited about this but then just very concerned about whats going on now. im not stressed or worried i already no the precautions of that im just concerned for my unborn child. can someone help explain this to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:47 am 

If there is any unusual bleeding you should consult a doctor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:53 am 

I would have to agree, go to the Dr.... At least you will get the answers you are looking for .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:37 am 

You need to talk to a doctor ASAP!!! Doesn't sound very good. Will keep you in my T&P!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:24 pm 

Make an appt as soon as you can everything could be fine but thats a good way to reassure yourself and please keep us updated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:13 pm 

Definitely see your OB. A friend of mine is in the same boat as you. She has miscarried before, and almost miscarried her son (who is now 15 months old and a doll!) She is on some prescription that helps her pregesterone levels stay at the right level so that she can keep this pregnancy. She is approximately 7 weeks along now, and we are praying that she and the baby stay healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:10 pm 

I think you should see your doctor. It could be something. But it is a rare percent of women that bleed in pregnancy and it is nothing wrong. I hope it is nothing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:58 pm 

thank you all for responding! you helped alot. i did take you ladies opinion and went to my doctor. he said that it was that implantation bleeding that was happening. so it checked out that everything was fine. he gave me a couple of pills to take for a week and all the bleeding stopped. he said that im on my way to having a healthy baby _____. hahaha im not quite sure on what it is yet but i will be updating!. good luck ladies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:58 am 

what where the pills he asked for u to take?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:10 pm 

they were actually antibiotic pills... so i wouldnt catch infection... the real reason of why i was bleeding so much was because before i got pregnant i was on birth control pills... i had a check up i think this monday and i saw pictures of my baby!.... -=) it turns out i am farther than i thought i was..... check this out ladies..im ten weeks.... i kept bleeding so much because i still had the birth control pills sorta working for me but not really... the hormones were just stuck in me thats all... the doctor said there was no harm to my baby by taking the pills... everything is just fine... my baby has a big head by the way... he was all waving his hands and kicking his legs.... oh gosh..it was amazing....

Last edited by NikkiReyes on Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:45 pm 

I am so happy everything was fine